The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 99746 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 99751 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 99752 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 99760 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 99760 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

Clonix41

I've been reading the site about Clonix41 - and contacted the author - who said that they were still in production. Has anyone used this? How much did it cost? Also, I see that you must obtain your own rom images and use a "PIC Programmer" to convert/load the rom images into the Clonix41. I have a Computer Science background - but I don't really do this kind of work - which I guess one might call "embedded systems". Can anyone recommend a model and place to purchase a PIC Programmer that would allow me to load a Clonix should I decide to buy one? I've actually always wanted to play with some embedded/assembly language systems - so if the PIC Programmer was sufficient to use for other hobyyist projects that might be nice. Any pointers to additional info on this topic most apprec.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi.

I have the NoVRAM module (aka Clonix).

The PIC programmer came with it along with the software.

The manual indicates exactly what to do with the software to load the modules into the NoVRAM.

Copies of some rom modules are provided with the NoVRAM module and others can be found on TOS (email me if you don't know what that is...one of these days, perhaps we'll really be able to reference that site here too) :-)

It is a VERY nice device. I like it a lot.

Gene

I know about TOS. It seems that one could get about any rom image by converting the mods to roms and loading them into Clonix41. Actually, I'm a little confused as to why he would still build Clonix41 if NoVram or the NOV-32 could be used for the same purpose. Can you shed any light on the differences in the three products that are offered. Also, what did they cost?

One other quick question - if you had a Time Module or a X functions or X memory module would they conflict with the Clonix41 or one of it's follow-on products?

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

Hi, Kevin;

I also own a NoVRAM and a NoV32, and the main difference is 'USER' memory, if I can say so.

Either a NoVRAM or a NoV32 can be configured to work as a Clonix. A NoV32 can also be configured as a NoVRAM. The Clonix itself has a 512bytes available RAM that can be accessed through specific commands, available with HEPAX, David Assembly, etc. 512 bytes is 1/8 the maximum capacity that can be addressed in each HP41 page, meaning each page can access up to 4KRAM or 4KROM. The NoVRAM has 16KRAM (nonvolatile) organized in 4 pages, and the NoV32 has 32KRAM (also nonvolatile) currently organized in two blocks of 4 pages each. Any of these modules allow a separate configuration of 6 x 4KROM pages (up to 6 ROM images in FLASH ROM), so you can find your own combination. The best one I found so far was HEPAX (4 pages of 4KROM each) + two 4KROM + 4 x 4KRAM. In time: the HP41 internal addressing allows each 4KRAM/ROM to be organized in 'banks', up to four banks each. So, the virtual total address an HP41 can access is 4 x 16 x 4KRAM/ROM, considering each possible page. In fact, system ROM occupies the lowermost 3 pages (P0, P1 and P2) and the remaing 5 pages (P3 to P7) are used for special purposes, mainly system ROM extensions (Timer ROM, Extended Functions ROM, printer ROM, HPIL ROM, etc, etc...). HEPAX can be addressed to at least two of these 'system addressed' pages, namely P5 or P7, but neither the HPIL (P7) nor the X-Functions (P5) should be used in this case, thought. Pages 8 to F are used the way you wish, being each two pages initially addressed to each of the four ports in the back of the calculator.

This is what I can briefly write by heart, should read some existing material to go ahead. Hope this helps so far.

Cheers and welcome to the HP41 internals...

Luiz (Brazil)

Edited: 14 Sept 2006, 4:53 p.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good programming software for clonix41 Gonzalo Fernandez 1 1,031 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Luiz C. Vieira (Brazil)
  Updates to Clonix41.org & USB-41 archives. Diego Diaz 0 913 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Diego Diaz
  Basic questions about Clonix41 & Nov32/64? Michael Lopez 11 2,365 03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Geir Isene
  Clonix41 Seth Morabito 4 1,417 09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Massimo Gnerucci (Italy)