What to add ...?

Hi

Here in Switzerland the long vacation started yesterday..... Time to work on my website. Please let me know, in what you are interested to add on my website....

Some of my ideas (on which I need help by you):

- Repair / Tune site
- List of all HP82xxx parts
- List with ROM versions or Production places
- HP-71B module list (equal to the HP-41 module list)

By the way: Is there a possibility to protect the mask of a access database so that nobody can change the mask but add / delete / edit the data entries on the database? I would like to share my database mask as long as there is no possibility to change the mask. So you could manage your own collection in a elaborate database.

For the community,

Matthias Wehrli
www.hp-collection.org

Hi Matthias,

to enhance your website I think it's a good idea to publish some repair-/tuning-instructions with lots of photos and schematics. It would be great, if you could provide these in English AND German for all those who are not so familiar with English hardware technical terms.

Another idea would be to publish old sales literature so you have in your collection and provided there's no copyright infringement in doing so.

To answer your MS-Access-question: To protect your Access forms against change you need to activate the Access internal user administration. There you can restrict access rights in detail. In addtion to the finished database file, a user need to have the special "system.mdw"-file, where all the access rights are deposited. But be careful: Don't replace the default system.mdw-file in windows\system32 ! In that case Access ask you for username/password for ALL your Access databases. The adapted system.mdw should be in the same directory as the database file itself. To use it, you need special commandline parameters. Alas, the description in the online-help is not so good. There are a lot of better descriptions on the web (possible keyword: system.mdw). If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope this helps

Regards

Karl

I know, it's quite a lot of work to keep everything up to date (I am certainly not a paragon in this respect), but how about some links for further reading. How may others get from http://www.hp-collection.org/meeting2004.html to ?

Ciao.....Mike

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to add image to HP Forum Posting Harold A Climer 2 1,487 11-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Han
  New community-maintained version of "Calculators benchmark: add loop" Pier Aiello 20 6,032 09-12-2013, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Pier Aiello
  A cheaper way to add to your collection Keith Midson 3 1,989 03-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Keith Midson
  Calculator Speed Benchmark (Add Loop) Thomas Chrapkiewicz 2 1,418 01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Thomas Chrapkiewicz
  HP41 MLDL2000 add-on wins Distinctive Excellence award Meindert Kuipers 4 1,594 05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Last Post: exschr
  How does one add a third-party program to Droid48? Michael Frick (California) 3 1,231 10-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Allen
  New addition speed test (updated with results as of 20100602 1pm CDT) ...add machines / methods --- new champion Casio F Gene Wright 47 9,949 06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  New addition speed test (updated with results as of 5pm CDT 20100530) ...add machines / methods not yet included..includ Gene Wright 35 7,462 05-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Donald Williams
  OT: Add to the Recommended List Paul Brogger 3 1,141 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jon S Canale
  If there is a 35S replacement - please add these: Mark Edmonds 15 3,260 11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore