The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 79509 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 79518 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 79528 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 79532 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 80068 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 79532 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 80068 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

HP 12C keypad - loose keys...nonresponsive buttons...aargh

About 2 years ago I purchased a then-brand new HP 12C Platinum. After about a year or so I noticed some of the number keys had become crooked. Some were very loose. Over the last year this has become worse, and to make it more annoying some of the buttons (usually some numbers & operator keys) have become unreliable. Sometimes the keys work, sometimes they dont. I'm pressing some keys harder than I should to be sure they actually register and show the number on the screen. Some buttons dont click anymore, and barely move when I press them. Its like they're pushed in already and you have to press them the right way to get them to respond. This is very annoying. Other than buy a new calculator (I need a 12C for the CFA exams), is there a way to fix it? If not, should I buy a new one, ie 12C instead of 12C Platinum? Thanks.

I had problems with two recently-purchased 12C Platinums (one made Dec04 the other made May05). I ended up getting rid of them and bought the regular 12C. It's much slower, but other than that, it is very reliable and the buttons are true and fast and can keep up with fast fingers without having to worry about not registering the number, etc. So go buy a regular 12C and report back tomorrow.

BTW, a newly revised version of the 12C Platinum is now out IF you can get your hands on one. I'm told the STO and RCL buttons have teh ( and ) signs on them. I wonder if their keypads will be better.

Just curious...how did you "get rid" of the calculator? Do you toss them out, sell them on ebay, or just leave them in a desk drawer? I paid like $70 for it, other than some of the bad buttons it generally works okay. Seems like a waste to toss it out. Oh well...

By getting rid of I mean returned to seller, assuming the design of the keypad just wasn't for me since I'm more of a fast poker and not a pusher (buttons too hard to "poke" to register a number). Many folk won't have my problem due to the way they "push" the buttons. Since no one else ever complained about this keypad (or the 17BII+), I assumed, and still believe, that I am all along in this world when I say that I had a problem. I would never just throw away a calculator. I ended up getting a regular 12C because at the time I just wanted a working 12C but wanted it right away, and this worked for me. This is the only advice I can give to you (reason for my post).

Quote:
So go buy a regular 12C and report back tomorrow.

Well I just got a brand new 12C, purchased off of eBay for a pretty good price. It was still in the blister pack. After opening it, I shook the calculator before I even turned it on. I could unfortunately hear some of the buttons rattle a bit. Oh well. At least the buttons are much more responsive to than my Platinum 12C. Anyway only tried a few functions so far, but I like it.

Gotta admit it wasn't an essential purchase. If I push the Platinum buttons hard enough they will usually register. However if the platinum really does break while I'm taking the CFA exam I would probably go on a shooting spree, so I view owning 2 calculators as insurance. There's also something I like about now owning a calculator that is only RPN mode. Makes me feel more like a serious finance guy, just like the big boys at work (investment co), many of whom have the golden 12C on their desks, haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken keys on HP Prime? Tarcisi C 0 1,434 12-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Tarcisi C
  HP 50g switching two keys in the user keyboard Sean Freeman 9 3,876 12-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Mark Puscas
  Prime as laptop numeric keypad Jose Gonzalez Divasson 1 1,132 10-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Last Post: debrouxl
  [HP-Prime] off-center [0], ... [9] num keys CompSystems 1 1,231 10-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Han
  HP Prime - Home and CAS keys BruceH 0 931 10-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BruceH
  HP Prime Tip: Setting Up User Keys Eddie W. Shore 2 1,505 09-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  Prime Software Buttons kris223 2 1,273 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Cameron
  [HP-Prime] Lack of user soft keys Andy B (Australia) 1 1,135 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Tim Wessman
  HP prime keys Mic 27 6,525 04-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post: CompSystems
  Video of Ghost HP-11C keys on HP-12C Max Stone 2 1,293 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada