HP revamps its calculator lineup



#2

When I attempted to link to the old HP Home & Home Office calculator webpage, the link was broken and this is the new webpage. It appears that certain products have indeed been removed from their calculator lineup, and that others are now permanently in place, including the 15C, which is no longer listed as a limited edition. Also, all calculators are listed together, and are no longer separated into scientific, business and home categories.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 10:16 p.m.


#3

Eeek. No 20b / 30b listed. Time to buy up big for conversion to 34S's.


- Pauli


#4

I just ordered 30bs from amazon who has them in stock for $20. Funny, just as I got interested in the 34s, the 30b disappears from HPs web site...


#5

Amazon doesn't ship them here :-(


- Pauli


#6

HP 30b still here. The HP website evolves faster than the Haggunenons of Vicissitus Three.

HP financial calculators still for sale on HP website


#7

Quote:
The HP website evolves faster than the Haggunenons of Vicissitus Three.

But will it evolve fast enough to survive, unlike Darwin in X-Men: First Class?

#8

When I get my pimped 34S from Eric Rechlin once he starts providing them with crystal, IR, and micro-USB, I will serve the community by putting one of mine back into circulation. It's nice to have two, but three is excessive. I also think it would be great if Eric would consider accepting lightly-used and operational 34S units in trade toward modified ones, enabling him to add refurbished units to his inventory at a lower price for users who don't mind that. I have said elsewhere that I would pay well to have Eric or someone similarly skilled upgrade my units. I am a menace with a soldering iron.

I don't think that Canadians, like me, and other non-Americans can order calcs from the US Amazon site, so if any forward-thinking Americans in the 34S fan club wish to buy up 30b's at that bargain rate for resale or trade with users outside the US who may have trouble finding units at a decent price, I don't think anyone will be saddled with units they can't unload. I also feel the same way about the programming cables--they aren't going to last forever, as Gene has warned, so once I acquire units with USB connectivity and I am confident with the robustness of the built-in USB-serial interface I plan to donate my cable to someone who doesn't have a USB-enabled 34S.

Let's keep the love alive as long as possible!

Les


#9

Quote:
I don't think that Canadians, like me, and other non-Americans can order calcs from the US Amazon site...

I just bought a 20$ HP-30b from "mobilecity online" through the amazon.com page - they ship internationally. The shipping was 12$ to Canada.

#10

The 12c picture on that web page does not have the normal "gold" plate around the display. Only the 12c label and a small segment around the display are gold colored. I purchased a 12C two months ago and it still had the "gold" plate.

Roman

#11

Looks like promoting HP-30b sales ;-) Remember Tim stated they are not going to vanish in the near future some weeks ago? After all, I doubt the validity of HP websites ...

#12

Quote:
..and that others are now permanently in place, including the 15C, which is no longer listed as a limited edition.

Hmm.. the image (ATM at least) clearly is of a "limited edition"
branded version. In any case it does make sense for the 15c le to
have an intended sales life beyond the "limited edition" marketing
construct. FWIW I can see no way even the associated NRE
could be covered with a sales volume of 10K +/- units. Moreover
I'd expect there is a minimum return required for the investment
of finite engineering resources within the related business unit.

The seeming haphazard, turbulent marketing story surrounding the
15c le's availability is a bit mystifying. Perhaps it was just
part of some master plan to cultivate the market by fabricating
an availability shortage. I suppose we'll figure it all out in
retrospect.

#13

Quote:
When I attempted to link to the old HP Home & Home Office calculator webpage, the link was broken and this is the new webpage. It appears that certain products have indeed been removed from their calculator lineup, and that others are now permanently in place, including the 15C, which is no longer listed as a limited edition. Also, all calculators are listed together, and are no longer separated into scientific, business and home categories.


No 39gii or 30b. I think HP should release an RPN version of the Easy Calc 100 and advertise the benefits of RPN as a way to get RPN (back) in the mainstream.


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer shaped calculators disappear from the HP lineup DeboT 18 607 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Jim Johnson

Forum Jump: