The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22034 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22071 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22110 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22127 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22139 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22141 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22150 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22245 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22304 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22127 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 22304 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

A truly international 32sii

I just bought a 32sii from a dealer in Germany - seems he'd just had a new batch of calcs. Ok, so I knew the manuals would be in German - I can cope with that. But, when it arrived I see that it was packaged for the Spanish speaking world with accompanying Spanish manual (German version scanned on CD).

So, here we have a calculator designed in USA, made in Indonesia, packaged for Spain/Latin America, bought from Germany by me in England - No wonder they complain about globalisation!!

BTW I picked it up for $105 inc. p&p. If you can overcome the language barrier I reckon that's not a bad deal over e-bay prices.

Adios (as they say in Germany!)

In "Casablanca", near the start, when Peter Lorre's character is telling Rick how he's planning to leave, he says something that sounds like "Adios, Casablanca" but he might be using the French word for goodbye, as they are in a French territory. I know Peter Lorre was German but I'm not sure of the nationality of his character (Ugarti?)

I think he might have said 'Adieu', which is French for goodbye/farewell - means the same as its Spanish counterpart.

I'm new to all this HP calculator stuff. Prompted by having lost my Casio a few months back I began searching for something new and bumped into HP. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm a bit too late - looks like it's all over bar the shouting. However, I am chuffed that I managed to get my hands on an RPN calc at last. Somehow (and I know it sounds a bit conceited) one feels a bit superior to other calculator users.

Actually, I first encountered RPN about a year ago when I tried to use a colleague's 11C. I was an RPN virgin, and after seeing the look of confusion on my face he kindly pointed out, "It's reverse polish notation." Of course, I was instantly enlightened - not!! And proceeded to hand it back to him, "Nice", I said, not wishing to show my ignorance - and withdrew.

My curiosity should have been aroused at that point, but for some reason it wasn't - and now I regret that I am late coming into the fold.

I'm not really collector material, but strangely I've acquired 3 HPs (35, 20s & 32sii) over the past couple of months. I never intended to collect - just to use. There must be something about these machines which caused this to happen - weird. (Actually, the 35 was just lying on a desk at work, presumed dead, but with a bit of careful nurturing I brought it back to life).

Must dash.....Ash.

As Victor Laszlo said to Rick (approximately) - Welcome back to the fight! This time ... well, I don't if we'll win, but at least we can keep each other company!

At that time Casablanca was in French territory but there were other parts of what is now Morocco that were Spanish territory. Even some ten years before France and Spain join forces to fight a rebelion at Casablanca.
So although they were in French territory he might have used the spanish word to say goodbye.

I've discovered that he 'addio' - blowing all our language theories out of the water. Well, that's what he should have said...here's a section from the original script....

UGARTE:

One moment. Tonight I'll be selling thoise for more money than even I have ever dreamed of, and then, addio Casablanca!.......

Ash.

UGARTE:
One moment. Tonight I'll be selling thoise for more money than even I have ever dreamed of, and then, addio Casablanca!.......

So, in the end, it speaks italian!

Thanks for figuring that out! BTW, it had struck me that the name "Casablanca" must be Spanish.

I think "Casablanca" is about the best film ever made. I can watch it anytime. It is interesting to read (or watch the documentaries on the DVD) about the making of the movie - it was just another project with lots of problems and last-minute changes.

The original name is portuguese, Casa Branca. Which is very similar to the later spanish conversion Casablanca. And the meaning is the same: white house.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  serial numbers of international HP-17b's Don Shepherd 11 2,772 11-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  Re: [finally here!] Problems with International shipping of HP15c LE Nick_S 0 757 11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Nick_S
  Problems with International Shipping of HP15c LE Nick_S 9 2,653 10-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Nick_S
  international money transfer WITHOUT paypal, how? db (martinez, ca.) 6 1,749 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Bruce Horrocks
  Off-Topic: Postcards needed (especially International) Mike 0 658 02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Mike
  Hewlett Packard International Lottery A A Strauss 4 1,566 08-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Andrés C. Rodríguez (Argentina)
  O. T. : International Biographical Centre Nenad (Croatia) 5 1,536 03-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Nenad (Croatia)
  32Sii BROWN vs. 32Sii BLACK NH 8 2,113 10-10-2003, 04:44 AM
Last Post: NH
  international standards markings Ellis Easley 0 690 08-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Ellis Easley