The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 21313 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 21367 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 21378 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 21378 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

Re: HP 29-C

Gotta mention here, again, my good luck so far in replacing the cells in HP packs with 1.5V Lithium AA batteries. I've never seen one leak (though I suspect the legend of the nuclear explosion would apply here...), they have an incredible durability if the useable temperature range is any indication (0 degrees to 212F), and a ten to twenty-year or more storage life. They are much lighter than alkaline AA's, and have approximately five times the power capacity. Has completely removed the necessity of charging a calc and they're always at full power. (I've only done this with my "users". The collection has the dutifully rebuilt NiCD's in separate storage.

I'd hypothesized the lithium's stability and safety in an earlier thread, but of course, haven't used any long enough to know for sure. I do have some very early design lithium AA's in flashlights over 5 years old and still powering up strong.

I'll let everyone know, in about 20 years, if the ones in my spare HP-25 and HP-67 have leaked or not. (Does anyone know what WOULD leak?) BTW... the few extra tenths of a volt don't seem to have hurt any of the calcs. Again, yet: but they can't be worse than alkalines...

Michael

Just make REAL sure that nobody accidentally connects one to a charger cord... lithium is the most volatile metal known. It makes sodium look tame and can spontaneously combust in humid air. Although they probably would not acutally explode if charged, the end results would be much the same. Perhaps a piece of tape over the charger port would be a good thing. I would use Kapton tape used to mask gold fingers on circuit boards being flow soldered. The adhesive seems very stable and is designed to not leave residue behind.

Thanks for the reminder, David! I hadn't even considered or worried about that, as I am the only one in the house using my calculators.... but the kids will be older soon. It would be-- potentially-- quite a disaster!! (Hmmmm.... sounds like a fun science project to me. I have several semi-functional TI's in my junk bin that would still charge a pack. I wonder what would happen if I charged one outside... I might have to be sure it's around July 4th....)

If you see a large mushroom-like cloud, you'll know I accidentally hooked one up to a charger... <grin>.

Michael

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  riddle in the spirit of Feb. 29 Don Shepherd 19 4,433 03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Don Shepherd
  HP-33S, $29.95 Norris 0 1,088 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Norris
  HHC2007 HP Handheld Conf 9/29-30 in San Diego Jake Schwartz 8 2,098 04-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Rich Messeder (US)
  Can anyone source the 41 xrom 29 contents? donald wallace 2 1,037 10-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Donald Wallace
  Re: HP 29-C Jerry Siegel 4 1,244 08-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Randy Sloyer
  HP 29-C Hennie Pool 5 1,488 08-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Last Post: David Smith
  XROM 29,06 alditenen 8 2,314 03-25-2001, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Dave Hicks