The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18852 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18853 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18856 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18869 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18904 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18968 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18856 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18869 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18904 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 18968 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

Calculator run to Thunderbird Fry's (Phoenix)

Under current plans, in a bit more than a week (June 24), I will be passing directly by the Fry's electronics store at the intersection of I-17 and Thunderbird Road in Phoenix (Arizona) as I travel from Flagstaff to the PHX airport.

According to several posts, HP calculators have recently been spotted in this location.

I bought a 32SII there this past March. At that time, they had several other '32s as well as some '48s or '49s. (I didn't pay much attention to the exact models since I was not looking for one.) There may have been some '12s and '17s as well, although these seem to be much easier to find elsewhere.

If anybody is interested (and there seems to be some interest), I will be glad to stop in and gather up whatever is left that anybody wants. I'll do this at my cost (including postage and packing supplies - probably a
bubble wrap envelope). I DO NOT know in advance what these units will cost - you can "place an order" with a do-not-exceed price if that will make you comfortable. Please, also be as specific as possible as to which model(s) you want, such as the various '48 versions.

This will be first-come, first-served, if the number of requests exceeds the number of available calculators! It seems fair to limit this to one calculator (of each model) per person (unless there are very few responses; if you want more than one, please say so to establish priority in case there are more than enough).

Please regard your request(s) as a contract. I don't want to be stuck with several hundred dollars of surplus calculating power!

I think I will limit this to US residents (or at least those who can provide a US address - I don't care who your "agent" might be!), although I would make an exception for Brazil: I would like a few of an everyday, cheap item which is readily available in any Brazilian drugstore/supermarket but is not available here in the US (!). It will be early July (a week or so after my visit to Fry's) before I return to Phoenix and can send calculators onward.

For questions or to place a request send me an e-mail (shaffer@nevada.edu). (It seems reasonable not to clog up the Forum with such requests.)

Dave

Nice offer, can be of help to many.
My turn to try to please : HP32SII available (the last batch) at my favorite store in Paris ("Maubert Electronique"). I can purchase for you - just let me know. There are certainly various HP48 types available also.
This offer is limited to French people.

On a lighter tone, go and check a funny posting in the comp.benchmarks newsgroup, dated 11th of June, by the title "HP Chief Competitive Officer".

No luck in sacramento finding anything, I'm contemplating wandering the various fry's locations in the Bay if need be.

-C

dave; i already have two 32's but i wanted to thank you for your kind offer. that kind of thing is what i've come to expect of the people who visit this site. - d

All --

Based on this thread, I decided to get a 32SII, even though I already have a 42S and 15C. The Fry's Electronics store in Wilsonville, OR (suburban Portland) had three 32SII's on the shelves as of Thursday evening, 13 Jun 02 after I bought mine. All are Indonesian-made, with a whitish metal bezel and green/blue lettering on black face. Price was $59.99.

They also had multiple 49G, 48GX, 39G, 30 or 38, 20S, 19BII, 17BII, and 12C.

I didn't ask if they would ship orders. The store is about 35 miles from my place.

My initial impression is that the 32SII is a reasonable substitute/backup for a 15C. It does a few things better, is faster, and has a few additional features, but completely lacks matrix functions and is not as good with complex numbers and functions. Also, it surprisingly has less RAM (384 bytes vs. 448 for the 15C).

Hi Dave,

Yesterday, I was at Fry's [Phoenix Thunderbird & I-17] and there were only 3 32SIIs on display. When you go there make sure you ask them about what's in stock. They are constantly moving things around and the quantity on display seems to bounce around like a random number. Also have them check the glass cabinet beside the display. You never know what's inside the cabinet.

BTW, there are 12Cs, 17BIIs, 19BIIs, 20Ss, 48GXs, and 49Gs [but these may be the Indonesian ones with the bug]. I did not count the number of these as this fluctuates as well. They do have a number of the 20Ss in the old fashioned boxes with the older color design as well as the new design.

BTW, from what I can tell on the 20Ss, there have been at least 3 designs - the original design with the molded keys and yellow and blue shift keys, painted keys with "safety yellow" and blue shift keys, and the new lavender and olive motif.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime: run a program in another program Davi Ribeiro de Oliveira 6 2,614 11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Davi Ribeiro de Oliveira
  HP PRIME: Hide return value from program and swap Edit with Run vrrr 2 1,503 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post: vrrr
  Make PIL-Box ILPer program run on OS X Juergen Keller 6 2,139 09-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Hans Holzach
  HP48SX seems fully functional won't run SELF TESTS? Bruce Larrabee 5 1,944 07-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Luiz C. Vieira (Brazil)
  HP-35A Production Run Questions Matt Agajanian 0 893 07-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian
  OFF TOPIC: Computer to run Windows 95? Dia C. Tran 13 3,928 06-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Last Post: x34
  [WP34s] RUN instead of STOP ? fhub 9 2,441 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  HP-71B: Trying to run 2CDCC on a 1BBBB machine Hans Brueggemann 12 3,590 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Olivier De Smet
  HP-67 won't run on batteries David Ramsey 5 1,895 04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Last Post: David Ramsey
  New run of 15C LE Chuck PNW 16 4,117 03-31-2012, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Katie Wasserman