The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 162799 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 162812 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 162814 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 162814 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

HP-15C Enter Key Behaviour

Hello everyone,

after only reading the helpful forum topics for a while I'm now in need of a littel help as well.

I recently bought a HP-15C. It is in absolutely fantastic condition, near mint. Not a scratch on the whole calculator. The keys have no backlash, i.e. they do not rattle when you shake the calc, and all the markings are perfectly intact. They all have the typical klick and feel - except the enter key. When I pressed the enter key I noticed that the displacement between the fully released and fully depressed position is only about 1/3 to 1/2 of that of all the other keys. It also does not have the same destinct keybreak the other keys have.

I've read a similar description in another post here in the form, (See here) relating the enter key behaviour to the fact that it is hinged at the bottom and presses on two separate metal discs. However, the topic did not completely answer my one and only question:
Is this a normal behaviour for a HP-15C enter key and if not, can this easily be fixed in any way?

I'm looking forward to you replies, thanks in advance!
Timo

Hi, Timo;

I have disassembled some Voyagers and I actually pressed the lower metal disk under the ENTER key while the calculator was turned ON, both in normal (RUN) and program mode. I do not remember observing any reaction at all, and pressing only the upper disk, the one that is actually pressed when the ENTER key acts, provides necessary action. You can see in the picture how I managed to make them work outside the case...

Click to enlarge

Taken from Randy´s post (link you shared):

Quote:
The rubber sheet between the snap discs and the keys gets holes worn through the rubber from the key pin that pushes on the snap disk. This results in keys that are lower than surrounding key. They otherwise work okay, they just don't have the correct or same physical travel as the others. This is most common on the right hand side of the keyboard, i.e. the heaviest use keys (0 and . seem to go first).
I have an HP15C, bought new in the 80´s, and both [g] and [STO] keys have this problem: no keybreak (and no 'snap' feeling) the other keys have. But they work pretty fine once you press them the same way as the other keys.

I sincerely would not care much about it, but this is only the way IO see it.

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

Edited: 5 Feb 2010, 6:34 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback Luiz,

I wasn't actually worried. As far as I can tell, the enter key is not lower than the others. And it does produce a notceable "klick" but not as destinct as the other keys. It's simply not that crisp regarding its behaviour, generally spoken.

I was just wondering wether this is a general spciality of the enter key alone on the 15C? After all, it's by far the largest key on the keyboard and the only one with a slightly weird feel to it. I think it would be quite odd if it was a sign of wear since the calculator is in such a fine condition...

Thanks once again and best regards!

Edited: 5 Feb 2010, 7:51 a.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime - EEX/X/Toolbox-key suggestions bluesun08 2 1,488 11-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bluesun08
  HP PRIME : strange behavior when trying user key capability Damien 12 3,802 11-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Joe Horn
  HP PRIME: How to use [a b/c] key from a program Joseph Ec 4 1,853 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Joseph Ec
  Roll-down key in HP-15C Steve Ross 6 2,222 10-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Nick_S
  PRIME Lockup after pressing Enter key in Solver. Harold A Climer 13 3,653 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Tim Wessman
  HP-15 LE Key repair question Namir 2 1,407 06-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Namir
  [WP34s] strange behaviour at number entry Dieter 12 3,570 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Harald
  HP 39GII Undocumented behaviour Bunuel66 0 820 05-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Bunuel66
  Classic Series Enter Key Dan Lewis 15 4,208 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Thomas Radtke
  HP calculators: origin of prefix key labels f and g M Habl 9 2,713 11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Gerson W. Barbosa