The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124545 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124547 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124548 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124575 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124590 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124613 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124620 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124621 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124888 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124547 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124548 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124575 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124621 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 124888 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

Product suggestion for HP...

Do people think that there is a market for an RPN, simple scientific with bluetooth that can act as either a numeric keypad for a laptop or simply just send the contents of the X register to the laptop as if it had been typed in?

I often find myself calculating on the calc and then re-typing the answer into the PC.

Targus have a couple of products that give an idea of how it might work:
keypad calculator but USB only and bluetooth keypad but no calc but I wouldn't expect the keys to be full-sized -- it should primarily be, and look like, a calculator -- just one that happens to be convenient for sending results to a PC.

Obviously it would need to be fairly chunky in order to pack enough batteries to power bluetooth for a reasonable period but this need not be a bad thing.

Posts in this forum frequently request/beg/demand that HP produce an RPN four-banger. Well maybe this is the excuse they need to justify the effort needed to produce a simple RPN machine?

Quote:
Do people think that there is a market for an RPN, simple scientific with bluetooth that can act as either a numeric keypad for a laptop or simply just send the contents of the X register to the laptop as if it had been typed in?

There is a market for everything, in this case an incredibly small one I suspect.

Quote:
I often find myself calculating on the calc and then re-typing the answer into the PC.

I do too, but I usually have to format it in some way afterwards anyway, so the advantage of having it entered automatically is not all that high.

Quote:
Targus have a couple of products that give an idea of how it might work:
keypad calculator but USB only and bluetooth keypad but no calc but I wouldn't expect the keys to be full-sized -- it should primarily be, and look like, a calculator -- just one that happens to be convenient for sending results to a PC.

Obviously it would need to be fairly chunky in order to pack enough batteries to power bluetooth for a reasonable period but this need not be a bad thing.

That is a bad thing in my opinion. A simple calculator should be as small and compact as possible, and last forever on batteries.
But they aren't mutually exclusive though, you could have a Bluetooth interface and still make it small and last a long time on batteries if you engineered it right.

Quote:
Posts in this forum frequently request/beg/demand that HP produce an RPN four-banger. Well maybe this is the excuse they need to justify the effort needed to produce a simple RPN machine?

I don't think so. They would have much more success with say re-hashing the 12C as a non-programmable scientific.

Dave.

Hello!

Quote:

I don't even think so! I have a bluetooth headset (two way) for my mobile phone that is so small that it hides behind your ears and that runs for hours on a charge of its miniature LiIon Battery. And it has to provide a continuous stream of data all the time, other than the calculator that must only transimit a few bytes every now and then.

On the other hand, a big battery would also be able to power an (O)LED display.

Greetings, Max

NB: I frequently use one of these USB-four-bangers together with my notebook computer. Since it also has incorporates an USB-hub and I have to connect my mouse anyway (I hate this trackpad-thing), I don't mind the USB cable at all...

Quote:

Use the excellent Free42 emulator on your laptop, then the "Edit | Copy" from its menubar. I was able to copy the result of a calculation (the X stack register) and paste it into notepad. The result is available anywhere via copy and paste.

Hope this serves your need.

Dennis

Quote:

I do too. I'd like to have a software version of the calculator running in sync (through Bluetooth) with my actual calculator. Then I could copy/paste the result into other applications. Maybe also have the emulator save a sequence of keystrokes received through Bluetooth and play them back (through Bluetooth) on the actual calculator.

Instead of blowing all the battery power in the air, I'd be perfectly satisfied with a cute little white USB cable like Apple has it. It will not cost battery life, but will even allow charging of rechargeables instead. And it will be found on a messy desk, too. Else, clean up!

Quote:
Instead of blowing all the battery power in the air, I'd be perfectly satisfied with a cute little white USB cable like Apple has it. It will not cost battery life, but will even allow charging of rechargeables instead.

Rechargable batteries in a low end scientific calc - why?
I'd refuse to buy it on principle!

Dave.

OK, this was just meant as an opportunity. A Whitetooth calc will work with normal batteries as well, of course.

Hi to all.

This idea seems quite good to me. Using a laptop is always a bit painful in my job (electrical calibration) and it is useful to always have a calculator handy for checking things out during spreadsheet development. A fairly basic calculator that could communicate with a PC (and cellphone, and PDA) via BlueTooth seems like something that would be marketable. Ideally I would like to see an improved HP 50G with BlueTooth functionality.

Engineers and scientists of all sorts, accountants, tradespeople, and business people in general would probably find an easy way to send a series of figures to their cellphone quite a useful feature. It would prevent transcription errors and speed up the "txting" business.

Possibly not so good for students, though! Yield not to temptation. ;)

The cost of implementing BlueTooth (licensing) may be the problem, rather than no market.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Connectivity Kit Suggestion toml_12953 1 1,601 12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  HP Prime suggestion to avoid Numeric/Symbolic confusion Chris Pem10 4 1,816 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Last Post: bluesun08
  HP Prime - Revision Suggestion - Setting the Clock Bill Triplett 5 2,099 11-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Joe Horn
  HP Prime - Cross product suggestion bluesun08 13 4,471 11-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Patrice
  HP Prime Emulator/Conn. kit suggestion Han 2 1,452 09-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Han
  Product Series and Limit Expressions on the 50G Matt Agajanian 13 3,589 09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Simone Cerica
  WP-34s feature suggestion: "Follow jump" shortcut Andrew Nikitin 3 1,473 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Walter B
  [WP34S] A suggestion about C(x,y) Eduardo Duenez 15 3,944 01-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Walter B
  A new product of Spee Dee Sign d;-) Walter B 180 41,598 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Richard Ottosen (Denver, CO, USA)
  wp34s Emulator suggestion Damir 25 6,169 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chris Tvergard