35S - AU$141



#5

Looks like the 35s will be going for a very pricey AU$141 in Australia (US$120), from this supplier at least:
http://www.expansys.com.au/p.aspx?i=151668

Dave.


#6

I am Canadian and between expedited shipping and taxes and fees at the border I ended up paying around $90US ($100CDN) including all costs. I really like the calculator so was quite happy to splurge. I have spent a hundred bucks on stupider things in the past.

It is not a perfect calculator, but considering how outrageously expensive the HP65 was in 1974 (and that is hardly a perfect machine either), it really is a bargain even at the outrageous markups outside the US.

Les


#7

Quote:
I am Canadian and between expedited shipping and taxes and fees at the border I ended up paying around $90US ($100CDN) including all costs....

That sounds about what it will cost from YorkU bookstore at $84.95 CDN with 6$ shipping, PST and GST = $102.84

Don't know if they actually have them, tho - if you click on the B/W image of the calculator for more info you get a JPG of a B/W scan of the back of the brochure - not even the PDF from HP's web site?


#8

Quote:


That sounds about what it will cost from YorkU bookstore at $84.95 CDN with 6$ shipping, PST and GST = $102.84

Don't know if they actually have them, tho - if you click on the B/W image of the calculator for more info you get a JPG of a B/W scan of the back of the brochure - not even the PDF from HP's web site?


I got mine from York U. Slightly tilted LCD display, so buyer beware. But seriously, a nice calculator (to semi-retire my 32SII, due to more memory for programs). The display is by far the weak link in 35s. Next to my 20-year-old 32SII it is much inferior in contrast, even on highest setting. But I like the keys.

#9

Almost exactly twice what I payed buying in the USA and shipping to Oz.

- Pauli


#10

Quote:
Almost exactly twice what I payed buying in the USA and shipping to Oz.
- Pauli

Who did you buy yours from Pauli?

Dave.


#11

Samson Cables.

The only problem I encountered was that the plastic blister the calculator came in was cracked by the time it got here. The calculator worked fine of course and nothing inside was damaged.


- Pauli


#12

You should be thankful! That probably made the damn thing easier to open.

I do so miss when calculators came in things called "boxes". Crazy idea, I know.

(And yes, I understand the economics of blister packaging. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though, does it?)

#13

I got mine from Samson Cables ($53+$20 = A$84) paid on 15-7, arrived here in Sydney on 26-7 and strangely enough, the blister pack was broken on top, not opened and no damages.

Cheers,

Reth


Forum Jump: