The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 71262 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 71262 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

a preserved era

Hey all,

The neatest thing happened this week, I met the guy in charge of our wind tunnels at university. A prof led me down there on a mission to get mat'ls and shop access. When we walked through the supersonic tunnel shop, I had flashes of my childhood. I imagined the brown cases used by 41's as I was met by the crisply neat hand-made bookshelf wrapped around the desk of the aging engineer in command. An hp I couldn't identify sat on the desk. It looked like a 65 with a light tan case. Mark's Handbook, Peery, and Rourke's formulas for stress and strain were among the 150+ books shelved. These books could refresh you on the formulas for notch sensitivity, and an entire era of short-sleeved NASA engineers. I thought of Kelly Johnson in Burbank, growling at engineers suffocating in smoke filled rooms working sleeve-to-sleeve on "hiding" the U2 from Russian sky-eyes.

My father was one of them, of the era at least, I remember the red graphic of the hp user manuals, the mag-strips, the structured thought. Trips (EVENTS) to buy the new super hand helds, followed by a grand dinner out.

The first HP laptop, the conical teeth of the printer guide wheels, all great memories. *Don't waste printer paper!* I'd love to go back, but we've got something now.

Right? The 33s and 49g+ might have some flaws, but they're growing on me. My 32sii trained me well to be conscious of wastefull memory allocation. So, while the 33s may have a large var/ram ratio, its got some strong points too.

Klaus had some great drive earlier this week. I'd love to participate in exploiting the 33s for all we can squeeze out of it.

Anyone know of a San Diego hp club? If not, anyone interested in scraping one up?

At worst, I'm very happy to have the museum to check in on.
Eric

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50G--End of the HP calculator era? Say it aint so, Joe! Matt Agajanian 15 4,303 03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Harald
  Soviet Era Calculators Sleazey 9 2,586 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Gerry Schultz
  The End of an Era Jeff O. 6 1,780 11-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Eddie Shore
  End of an Era Les Bell 6 2,089 04-04-1999, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Frank Rizzo