The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 57971 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 57972 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 57980 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58004 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58016 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58023 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58030 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58034 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58048 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 58048 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

having problem

where in this program should this be :BYTES => #B61Ch 78.

Program Frac:
<< "Enter Fraction" { "'" ALG V } INPUT OBJ-> -> a
<< a PARTFRAC >> >>
BYTES => #B61Ch 78. <---- ????( where I have the questions)
key in after '
1/(X^2+3*X+2
Press ENTER
Result: '1/(1+X)-1/(2+X)'
{VPN}

Helo, Harrington;

as explained by VPN, after you typed your programs in you can use BYTES to check for their size (in Bytes) and for a checksum sequence. If you have a program listed somewhere and it includes the values obtained with BYTES, you simply type your program in, store it, retrieve a copy of it in the stack and execute BYTES. If you see in the display the values you see in the document you copied the program from, then everything is fine. However, if you by mistake type one single character wrongly, it means that you may have the same quantity of bytes used by the original program (in your example, 78 bytes) but you'll surely have a different checksum (in your example, the original checksum is #B61C h, where #B61C is a binary number and h means it is shown in hexadecimal format). So, BYTES is not part of the program, you just use BYTES in order to check if your program was correctly typed in. BYTES is used only after the program is completely typed in and stored. And you also don't need to use BYTES to run the program after confirming that it is O.K.

Hope this helps.

Best regards and success.

Luiz (Brazil)

Edited: 4 June 2004, 1:44 a.m.

when this sum is checked at the end of the program. next enter the input ?

Hi, Harrington;

the checksum made by BYTES is external to the object that's been computed. You can apply BYTES to anything that can be placed in the stack: a number, a list, a string, a program... So, the argument for BYTES is "any object", and the checksum counts the whole object, not its results.

Please, keep posting if you still need advice.

BTW, what sort of documents you have with your calculator? By knowing this information, I could also add the pages you could read to complement what's posted here. Only the Owner's Handbook?

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

yes that will be helpful. I type BYtes after inputting the entire program, but don see how the ans is derived,all I get is the memory location.
maybe give me line to line analysis on the program please this will give me a better understanding.

Hello, Harrington;

I don't remember which calculator is yours (Sorry!), but PARTFRAC is a CAS function, so you may have an earlier HP49G or one of both HP49G+ or HP48GII. Neither the HP49G nor the HP49G+ basic manuals (User's Guide) are references to BYTES. I also download (sometime ago) the HP49G Advanced User's Reference Guide and found nothing about BYTES. Unfortunately I have no HP48GII, so I downloaded its Owner's Manual and found nothing, too.

The best references I have for BYTES are the HP48G Series User's Guide and the HP48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual. In the HP48G User's Guide, you'll find references to BYTES at appendixes G (Operation Index, p. G-5) and H (Stack Diagrams for Selected Commands, p. H-2). In both cases, the use of BYTES is as follows:

with any object in Level 1:, executing BYTES remove the object from Level 1: (as it happens with almost all RPL coamnds) and returns a checksum number in Level 2: (like #B61Ch) and the number of bytes used by the object in Level 1: (like 78).

The only additional information found in the Advanced User's Manual refers to flags and using BYTES with built-in functions: returns checksum # 0 and size 2.5 always.

Hope this helps for now.

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

Edited: 5 June 2004, 2:09 a.m.

Huh? The downloaded 49G Advanced User's Guide PDF file has the BYTES command in it, but look under "Other Commands" instead of "CAS commands". It's available for download at http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2998.

A scanned PDF of The 48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual is available at http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=6036, but note the file size before starting a download.

Hello, James;

you mean that "pack of three" Other Commands along with the single "CAS Commands", pdf, right? I always forget those... I took the one shot, single printed "Advanced User's Guide", black cover, that's standard in the newer HP49G units (it was available as "download only" in the earlier units). I have the ones you're talking about, too, but as they are the "actual" reference guides and are almost like the reference part of the HP48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual, I failed to refer to them; sorry!

The original HP48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual has many important examples and information about programming, mostly input-related commands that were not kept in any HP49G manual; a pitty. And this pack-of-three HP49G AUG sometimes mentions features not available in the HP49G, only in the (original) HP48G...

Thanks! I'll try to keep them in mind form now on.

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

Hi James, all;

I had a look at the HP49G Adv. User's Guide (pack with three of them) and I found one small note of mine under VISIT: it reads "HP48S only ???" VISIT is found as a "See also:" reference after EDIT. I remember I did not find references to VISIT in the HP48G Advanced User's Reference Manual neither in the HP49G. I remember I did not test it because I thought ti was a keyboard operation only. I was surprised by noticing that VISIT exists in the HP49G and it is programmable! I added VISIT in a program with a valid name in Level 1: and the program halts while you edit the object you're "visiting". If you press [ENTER], the program resumes and everything else after VISIT is evaluated. I tried the same withthe HP48G (ROM version R) and VISIT is not identified, it is placed in the stack as a name. I tried the same in the HP49G+ and it behaves the same as the HP49G: VISIT exists.

What I wrote in my last post is exactly the opposite!!! Sorry!

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

Edited: 5 June 2004, 6:44 p.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  97 Card Reader Problem (NOT gummy problem) Peter Khor 5 1,649 10-04-2000, 11:03 AM
Last Post: ErikWahlin