The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112444 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 275 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 23 ThreadedMode::showthread_threaded
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 threaded_mode_showthread_threaded
/showthread.php 918 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112603 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112606 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112609 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112681 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112686 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112828 - Line: 275 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 295 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $fid - Line: 295 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112609 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 332 ThreadedMode::buildtree
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 112828 - Line: 331 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 331 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 304 ThreadedMode::buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php 305 eval
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $theme - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $lang - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "messages_in_thread" on null - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/threaded_mode.php(305) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback

Two new Datafile articles online (PDF format)

Hi, all

I've just updated my HP calc web site to include two additional Datafile articles written by me, freely downloadable in PDF format, namely:

• "HP-71B Sudoku Generator & Coach"

This completes my Sudoku Trilogy with a 14-page article featuring a Sudoku Generator & Coach which can
        generate an essentially infinite number of puzzles per the user's specifications,
        including number of empty places, symmetries and, optionally, guaranteed
        uniqueness and solvability without guessing ever being necessary, in a fully
        ergonomic, printable format. The coach part can give appropriate hints of various
        types, one by one, guaranteed to be deductible by the user in the given order, either
        fully completing the puzzle or stopping midway, both for the self-generated
        puzzless and externally provided ones.

• "Long Live the HP-25 !"

7-page article to commemorate the HP-25, my first HP calculator ever and one of
        the most memorable classics ever made. The article includes some fond personal
        remembrances of those golden times, as well as a thorough explanation of why the
        HP-25 made such an impact back then, all of it conveniently laced with two
        awesome programs written in the 70's by two enthusiastic youths, namely my friend
        Fernando del Rey and myself. Single-stepping through the code is a revealing
        experience, where you can see what can be done in less than 40 steps and how
        everything fits together and works as if by magic.

and last but not least ...

• "Boldly Going - Identifying Constants"

This is my latest published Datafile article, which isn't available
        online but featured in the current Datafile issue, V26N2 pp24-37. It's a 14-page article which includes a truly awesome (if simple) program which allows ye goode olde HP-71B to perform some rather impressive 'symbolic' feats. The program does not require any additional ROMs or files, just a bare bones HP-71B, and can be converted to any other suitably fast HP model or emulator with minimum effort.

Have a look at the very first page of the article which tells it all (the full 14-page article boasts more than 40 worked out examples, including the five shown in this first page, as well as three detailed extensions, the last being an 'exercise' for the reader, solution included ! :-)

That's all. Hope you enjoy the two new uploaded articles and

Best regards from V.

Edited: 20 Apr 2007, 7:33 a.m.

Hi all,

My HP calc web site has had over 400 hits in the last two days, which is many times the usual rate, so thanks a lot for your interest in my articles.

And of course, any and all comments are most welcome.

Best regards from V.

Hello Valentin,

I am particularly fond of the "Long Live the HP-XX !" series articles. I am glad you keep on producing them. Thanks a lot!

Gerson.

Hi, Gerson:

Thank you very much for your unfailing interest in my humble productions, really much appreciated.

As for the "Long Live Series", the following articles have already appeared published in Datafile, though still not available as online PDF downloads:

• Long Live the HP-34C !

• Long Live the HP-71B !

• Long Live the HP-35 !

and another one is already written but not yet sent for publication, namely "Long Live the HP-67 !".

Unlike Wlodek, I do not intend to cover every HP calculator under the sun nor limit myself exclusively to HP calculators. I may, for instance, write "Long Live" articles about some outstanding ROM or peripheral, as well as some nice HP microcomputers, such as the HP-85.

But all in all, it won't be a very long series, just the models I know best and like the most.

Best regards from V.

Thank you for those articles. And I am still wondering why I'm not a Datafile subscriber yet...

Hi, GE:

GE wrote:

"Thank you for those articles. And I am still wondering why I'm not a Datafile subscriber yet... "

Thanks to you for your kind words, GE, much appreciated.

Actually, encouraging words like that do wonders to provide the necessary motivation to try and write new articles. Otherwise, imagine how one would feel if, after spending most of the scarce free time available in a whole month to develop and write down a full 14-page article (program included), one would then get no feedback whatsoever, be it positive or negative. It would leave quite an 'empty' feeling and a strong urge to allocate time to more rewarding endeavours ... :-)

As for not being a Datafile subscriber yet, unless you've tried to and there were some problems while processing your subscription, I would encourage you to become one: the cost is truly minimal, you'll be supporting the last great HP fan magazine out there, and the very best part is you'll find yourself eagerly awaiting for your issue every other month, reliving that wonderful feeling we had back in our youth, in the golden PPC days.

Which is more, you could even consider submitting your own articles and comments, the more the merrier. Meanwhile, my very next "Boldly Going" series article is really going to both break new grounds and prove immensely valuable in actual use, I'm really proud of it. Stay tuned !

Best regards from V.

I have thought long and hard about posting this, but I really can't let it pass.

Quote:
As for not being a Datafile subscriber yet, unless you've tried to and there were some problems while processing your subscription, I would encourage you to become one: the cost is truly minimal, you'll be supporting the last great HP fan magazine out there, and the very best part is you'll find yourself eagerly awaiting for your issue every other month, reliving that wonderful feeling we had back in our youth, in the golden PPC days.

If you consider the cost to be 'truely minimal' and you approve of supporting HPCC, then why don't YOU pay the membership fee each year rather than convincing the committee to give you free membership in exchange for articles.

Many other members write articles and still pay the membership fee. Others put time and effort into the club in other ways -- and still pay the membership fee.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime: how to detect date format giancarlo 1 1,448 12-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  HP 50g - displaying result in engineering format Sean Freeman 10 3,157 11-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Last Post: C.Ret
  HP PRIME: Fixed 4 number format 0.001000 Joseph Ec 18 5,156 11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Geoff Quickfall
  PRIME: re-format the flash drive to recover the operating system Harold A Climer 2 1,686 11-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  File Format: hpprgm Thomas Chrapkiewicz 6 2,551 10-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Thomas Chrapkiewicz
  go71b 'lexs' or 'raws' file format? Christoph Giesselink 2 1,370 08-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Christoph Giesselink
  Typo in wp34s PRINTED manual (not pdf) Barry Mead 3 1,639 08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Walter B
  Another PPC DVD Update: 30th Year of Datafile + HP Conference Index Jake Schwartz 0 950 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Jake Schwartz
  Free HP39gII online note editor Mic 0 932 02-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Mic
  HP 15C LE, Program Display Format Control Uli 4 2,290 01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Ethan Conner