Paradise regained!

I wanted to thank those members of the Forum for directing me a few weeks back to FixThatCalc.com.

My once beloved 41cv, neglected for a few years, was doing all manner of weirdness and I was convinced it was beyond redemption.

However, with tips from this forum, I shipped it off to Randy in PA, and he worked his magic. He advised me that the problems I was experiencing were quite normal for 41CVs of a certain age, and that it was a routine job to restore it--no exceptional damage or extra parts needed. I just got the thing back and it feels like new. As you know, a lot of issues arise in these calcs when the integrity of the pressure contacts within is compromised by wear, tear, and damage to the elements that hold everything snuggly together. My CV now feels secures, solid, and hasn't been cleaner since I got it in 1984.

This all cost me about $110CDN (including postage and Randy's flat fee), or just under $100US. Considering I was prepared to spend over twice that to repair or replace, I couldn't be happier. Folks who don't know about these older HPs would probably not understand the point of spending such an amount in a world where other calc brands are cheap and plentiful, but I know the contributors here understand entirely :)

Randy has a backlog of repair work, and probably would prefer that I not overdo the accolades since he sure doesn't lack for work eager customers now. However, I feel I would be negligent to HP lovers everywhere if I didn't express my gratitude to this Forum and to FixThatCalc.com for providing such amazing assistance. Like I said before, I know those who read this will understand my sense of satisfaction. As my wife likes to joke with me, I have found my "people" ;)

Algorithmically yours,

Les

Glad to hear that you had such a favorable experience with FixThatCalc.com. I have never used their services, but I too have read here of their services. So I recently recommended to a coworker that he send his malfunctioning HP48 to FixThatCalc. I can rest a little easier knowing that I recommended a reputable service.

Congrat's Again,

George

Quote:
Randy has a backlog of repair work, and probably would prefer that I not overdo the accolades since he sure doesn't lack for work eager customers now. However, I feel I would be negligent to HP lovers everywhere if I didn't express my gratitude to this Forum and to FixThatCalc.com for providing such amazing assistance. Like I said before, I know those who read this will understand my sense of satisfaction. As my wife likes to joke with me, I have found my "people" ;)

To the contrary, I say "lay it [the accolades] on thick!" I too have not used Randy's services, but I've referred quite a few people to him knowing full well he will do a good job. So to the few out there, Randy in particular, who are willing to provide a service that is sorely needed and much appreciated: THANK YOU!

I must add my accolade to Mike in Washington state for reviving my 67's card reader and battery pack a few years back. It's one of my pride and joys.

tm