I've heard my name a few times... Wanna play?? ;-))

Hi all,

Thanks Gene, Miki, Meindert and others for your kind words ;-))

It's just courious that you both, Gene and Miki, are the only two users that have reported bugs (already fixed) in the Clonix/NoVRAM code so far... I'm pretty sure you squeeze your modules to the limit!! Well done guys!!

I've updated my web page with some info/pics on the new NoV-32 Hardware, hope you find it of some interest.

http://www.clonix41.org/Projects/Nov32/New_HW.htm

Currently I have very little time to write/publish/discuss, in fact I'm just spending the weekend at home, will fight back to Madrid on Tuesday and back home again next Saturday.

In the meantime... I'll propose a game/challenge for those Clonix/NoVRAM users interested in finding out bugs:

During the development of the NoV-32 I found a new bug in the NoVRAM code (HEPAX emulation). It doesn't show up at all except in a very specific (and rarely used) feature of the HEPAX module.

I'll release the new version of NoVRAM-H.asm correcting the bug by the end of October.

Until then you can send me mails with the bugs you discovered in the HEPAX emulation. I'll send a free NoV-32 to the first mail(s) reporting a bug. Ovbiously, should a user report a different undocumented bug will qualify for the prize as well.

Winner(s) and bug(s) will be published at my website.

Hope you enjoy... Best wishes from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!

Diego.

Edited: 8 Oct 2005, 6:38 p.m.

Hi Diego,

Great job on the PCB's.

I was going to ask you about the 47 ohm resistor in the cloinix circuit but it was obvious what it was for. I note you have explained it on your webpage.

I don't know what went wrong, but I haven't been able to get either the HEPAX or the SERVICE pack HEX code n your website to run in my copy of your original clonix module. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

The symptoms are that my module programmed with these hex files jusy makes the calc not want to turn on and I can't do anything with it. The forth HEX code runs fine. (Now I am figuring out how the code works and what peripherals / extra modules that system expects ;-)

Many thanks to you and to John I for doing such a marvellous design.

Don W

Deigo,

I have another few questions for you if you don't mind.

What do you think about clocking the clonix PIC a bit more slowly to get the running power consumption down a bit?

I found my module ran fine when I used an eight MHz crystal.
What margin do you reckon I have running it at this speed.
I ask you this as you and John I. wrote the PIC machine code.
I don't have an assembler for the PIC yet and haven't looked at the number of clock cycles the routines take round the loop.

My two 41s are stock from the factory and both run at about the same speed (judging by the tones in the 41 "BEEP" ;-)

Have you found a way to write those new PIC chips yet?

DW

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setting up subroutines that are called many times... Geoff Quickfall 4 1,793 10-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Geoff Quickfall
  HP Prime - Parenthesis Play. Chris Tvergard 1 956 10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  Los Angeles Times on the HP-12C Peter Murphy (Livermore) 6 2,188 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian
  Meg Whitman's Toughest Campaign (New York Times) Eric Smith 1 903 09-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Jim Johnson
  HP Xpander. A good idea that could've worked? Matt Agajanian 1 1,048 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Luiz C. Vieira (Brazil)
  NY Times article - a school without "technology" Don Shepherd 26 6,506 10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Dominic Richens
  HP12C Article in the Financial Times Charles 4 1,682 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Mark Harman
  33S times off in 4 seconds designnut 4 1,487 09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Frank Rottgardt
  LA TIMES HP ARTICLE Howard Lazerson 3 1,338 08-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Howard Owen
  Times have changed Nick R 3 1,362 08-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Thomas Radtke