Calcualtion help

This is what I am trying to accomplish:

CST = Cost of the equipment. PMT = monthly payment. I%YR = the interest rate I am buying my money at. RV% = This is always a negative # and is used when a balloon is due at the end of the term (10% is a typical buy out). N = the length of the term in months. #ADV = number of advances (due to the time value of money this could increase my profitability on a deal substantially). PTS = The amount of money I would like to make on a deal i.e. 10 points on a $20,000.00 deal would = $2,000.00 of gross margin. There used to be 2 pages to this equation which resulted in a "more" tab.
HELP ME PLEASE!

Depends on what calculator are you using. If you are using the HP17/19 Series, there will be a MORE option. If you are using the 48/49 Series, you will not see a MORE box (just press NEXT to go to page 2).

Thanks for the response Eddie. It's a 17B II and I am in need of the calcuation to input. I deleted it accidentally changing batteries and the formula burned to the ground along with my house.

David,

What was the original source of this program? I don't have a 17bII myself and don't know anything about programming it, but if this was a published program, I'd be glad to try to help you find a copy. For instance, if it was printed in the manual, I can point you to an electronic (PDF) copy.

Wayne, Thanks for your response. It's not in the manual. It was an equation put together by a guy that has long since disappeared. I know what the tabs look like and what I am trying to accomplish but alas I have not found anyone to help with the following need:

CST = Cost of the equipment. PMT = monthly payment. I%YR = the interest rate I am buying my money at. RV% = This is always a negative # and is used when a balloon is due at the end of the term (10% is a typical buy out). N = the length of the term in months. #ADV = number of advances (due to the time value of money this could increase my profitability on a deal substantially). PTS = The amount of money I would like to make on a deal i.e. 10 points on a $20,000.00 deal would = $2,000.00 of gross margin. There used to be 2 pages to this equation which resulted in a "more" tab.

I am willing to pay for this. I am in desperate need.

David:

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but it sounds like a modification of this formula:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bpia5201

Just change PV to CST, and modify FV to include RV% and PTS.

Bob

;^)

OK, I can't spell. Probably can't "calcualte" either ;-) But I think David is looking for something like:

ADV: PMT=(- (1+PTS÷100) × PV – (RV%÷100)×FV × (SPPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N ) ) ) ÷ (USPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N - #ADV) + #ADV)

Yup, already saw one mistake. PV should be CST.

ADV: PMT=(- (1+PTS÷100) × CST – (RV%÷100)×FV × (SPPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N ) ) ) ÷ (USPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N - #ADV) + #ADV)

David:

Use this at your own peril!
FV should have been replaced with CST also

ADV: PMT=(- (1+PTS÷100) × CST – (RV%÷100)×CST × (SPPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N ) ) ) ÷ (USPV ( I%YR ÷ 12 : N - #ADV) + #ADV)

Is the master of the Universe. Thank you soooooo much for the formula. You are a life saver.