Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

Don't ever say that there are no bargains to be found on eBay. Not to gloat but, I just took delivery of an HP-27A from the following Buy-It-Now auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3065608425&category=50575&rd=1

Yes folks, $10.00 for a working condition HP-27 with case. I've seen just the case go for three times that. Heck, two years ago I paid $75.00 for a non-working unit.

To make it even better, I picked up a perfectly functional HP-17B from him for another $10.00.

I'm over here in my corner cackling with such glee that my wife and daughters are threatening to have me committed.

That may not be such a bad idea.

Mark Hardman

Houston, TX

Edited: 19 Dec 2003, 10:24 p.m.

Well, congratulations!

I'm curious why an eBay seller would post such lowball BIN prices on working vintage collectibles. That item wasn't just a dime-a-dozen reference card or overlay, and he had only one of each.

Why did he bother with setting up the auction if he's willing to immediately accept a trifling amount for it?

GREAT deal -

Constant Vigilance will eventually pay off!

As to why - considering my own situation - contemplate

1. Maybe needed $10 in a hurry

2. Maybe "She Who Must Be Obeyed" was on his case to get rid of stuff

3. Maybe he was testing the Ebay Communication System on similar items

4. Maybe he is a nice guy

Best of the Season

Mike
Leavenworth, KS

Edited: 20 Dec 2003, 12:13 p.m.

The best answer is probably he didn't know the real value of the calculator, he probably look at other LED calculator on eBay, like a TI-30 and look at the final price and thaught if someone is willing to pay 10$ he will be very lucky!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OT--MPC Computer Bowl: Fresno State 37, Virginia 33…yeah!!! Fred Lusk 0 658 12-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Fred Lusk