I must be going crazy

With all this talk about the 15-C and its superiority, I took a flyer and in a moment of indiscretion put in a bid on one---and I won! (oops---now what do I tell my wife---ANOTHER CALCULATOR!!!!!---boyoboy do i need a swiss bank account:-)

But you see, it is all about mental challenges----the fact that I am from Philadelphia, and that the inspiring mathematition Mitchell Feigenbaum is also from there makes me feel like "I can do that too!"

But really, I think it is Valentin's quiz posts---I just had to go get a 15-C so that I too can try them!

-Bill

Hi, Bill:

Bill posted: "With all this talk about the 15-C and its superiority, I took a flyer and in a moment of indiscretion put in a bid on one---and I won!"

Congratulations ! You *did* the right thing, and
at the prices they're commanding on eBay, it just shows all the more that you've really got what it takes :-) (i.e.:
money and a forgiving wife ...)

"now what do I tell my wife---ANOTHER CALCULATOR !!!!!"

Nonononono .. that's not the right attitude. Try
instead something like "Hey hon, guess what ? I've just
made a smart investment that will get us both a tycoon-like retirement". Trust me, that's not a deceptive statement, the numbers of HP-15Cs can only decrease in time (dogs love to chew on them, you know) and yours will be worth a fortune 20 years from now.

"boyoboy do i need a swiss bank account:-)"

Indeed. IRS clerks won't be very happy in 2023, when they
discover you sold that antique for a million bucks and told
them nothing. A swiss account would be the right thing.

"But you see, it is all about mental challenges----the fact that I am from Philadelphia, and that the inspiring mathematition Mitchell Feigenbaum is also from there makes me feel like "I can do that too!"

That's a half-hearted attempt to rationalize after the fact.
Face the truth: you did it because you felt like it, period.

"But really, I think it is Valentin's quiz posts---I just had to go get a 15-C so that I too can try them!

Me !? Gee, I knew from the start I would play scapegoat in this sad affair of yours ! So much for trying to enthuse people to love the 15C as much as I do ... sigh ...

Well, considering the fact that you've displayed bravery well above and beyond the call of duty in compromising your economic status (and your marriage) just to get a 15C, and considering that you seem to be fond of famous numeric constants, this is the best I can do for you:

http://membres.lycos.fr/albillo/DatafileVA006.pdf

Enjoy !

Best regards and welcome to the 15C club.

Valentin,

Thanks!

Regards,

Bill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OT: Simulating a TI calculator with crazy 11-bit opcodes Egan Ford 8 2,580 08-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  HP Touchpad crazy prices 50,000 EUR!!!! Keith Midson 0 749 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Keith Midson
  Latest crazy auction - HP-70 for $660 Michael de Estrada 16 3,961 03-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Juergen Keller
  Another crazy item? Han 4 1,393 02-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Han
  The world is crazy !!!!!!! :-) gileno 20 4,541 02-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Joe Edwards
  Do you want to see something really crazy... Will 2 1,063 10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Last Post: J. Lopez
  IsnĀ“t it crazy? Matthias 3 1,069 10-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Vassilis Prevelakis
  People become crazy about HP15C Walter B 15 3,347 07-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Chan Tran
  HP41CV gone crazy... Marx Pio 1 756 07-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vieira, Luiz C. (Brazil)
  crazy ebay price Olivier Croissant 4 1,232 03-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Last Post: olivier croissant