hp 15c

There was a 15c listed as new underneth the one in mint condition it had a buy it now for $300. Does anyone know if it got bought or did the owner remove it?

Thanks

Actually, I bought it with "buy it now" after getting a better photo from the seller. I'm expecting it in the mail in the next couple of days.

anybody hear any rumors about maybe there
would be an HP-15C platinum later on?

Anybody hear anything about a follow-on HP-32Sii
maybe a platinum, later on?

U know, for steady production again .

Hi;

When I saw a USER annunciator in the HP12C Platinun LCD but saw no GRAD, I kinda lost my hopes. Unless they use the old-fashion and a lot better Voyagers "classic" LCD (shapes of the digits' segments are simply the best!), I cannot imagine a scientific without RAD and GRAD angular mode.

But I only "kinda" lost my hopes, I'm not hopeless, if you understand me...

Time will tell.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Thanks Luiz,

I thought I saw a ho-hum shape of the digits on the
newer models.

Well well well, the old classic ones had proper LCD design and the new ones don't.

And with a bank account and ordering power of HP, like they couldn't have the LCD made exactly how it is supposed to be.

I smell an MBA .........

... do not take it as a general rule! There are brainy MBA's, some of them contribute here.

I wonder about reasons: what for? "Classic" Vouager's LCD are so easy and pleasant to read... Why changing?

They were kept the same till the HP12cP, and I'd never buy an HP15CP (Platinum, Plutonium, Polonium, Petroleum, whatever...) if it does not have the "classical" Voyager's digits. For me, that's a big difference.

Best regards.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Hi Luiz, if there are 2 shapes of digits, I wonder
if you could supply us with photos to show the
difference? While it displays
all 8's ??

And maybe then the photographs could be included
in the 15C description of HP Museum.

Hi Norm, guys;

the first image is from a classic Voyager (any except HP12CPlatinun). There were minor changes in annunciator's layouts for the Chinese HP12C, but the digits kept their shape.

This image was taken from a picture posted by Gene (Thanks, Gene). You can compare the shape. I did not have the time to refine final image...

At least I think it helps giving an idea. I surely, 100% prefer the classic digits.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Edited: 14 June 2003, 3:16 p.m.

while I admire that you are able to spot a difference,
and to document it with photographs,
the difference does not seem very large.

Perhaps the word indicators are a little smaller on
the newer one.

I think they should just add a few digits to it,
the display should have more places.

Interesting: in the 12CP display indicator of complex numbers (C) has been forseen, though there is no GRAD indicator any more.

Supposing that this display design covers the future scientific platinums, it is not that easy to imagine a scinetific calculator with complex numbers and without the possibility of calculating trigonometrics in radians.

Hi, Nenad;

the C annunciator (indicator?) is used in the HP12C to indicate that an odd period (less than a hole period) will be considered in compound interest computations. If you press [STO][EEX] in an HP12C, the C annunctiator toggles its state.

Best regards, my Croatian friend.

Just my 2¢.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Edited: 15 June 2003, 1:51 a.m. after one or more responses were posted

Hi Luiz, thanks for the pics, and I do prefer the classic voyager display, BUT... were you very naughty and took the platinum pic at a much lower resolution??? Maybe it wasn't deliberate, but it is one of those advertiser's tricks I look out for. Lets's see a comparison of both at the same high resolution and no .jpg compression

Hello, Gordon;

thank you for your comments, my friend. And you are bloody right (is it a dirty expression in English or a reinforcement?) about pictures' quality, but it was not intended.

Unfortunately, the only picture I have showing Platinun's [ON]/[×] final result is the one Gene posted about a month ago. I tried to enhance resolution, but it would reduce readability and fidelity.

I thought about comparing digit's shape and look, instead. Did I accomplish this, at least?

Best regards.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Edited: 14 June 2003, 8:03 p.m.

Thank you Luiz Claudio. I really did not know this. I tried it on my HP12C and it works as a switch: pressing STO EEX turns the C on. After just a few seconds wondering how to turn it off (once it took a lot more time with my HP15C), I found out that pressing STO EEX again turns the C indicator off ...

Hi, Nenad;

these babes have their secrets... Sometimes it is a good surprise knwing something new, ahn? Anyway, did you get the meaning of the "C" in the HP12C? This feature was not available in the HP38C/E.

You know something I also noticed in the HP38C/E? If I am not wrong, it was the first HP programmable calculator to offer PRGM/RUN mode selection by toggle key, too, instead of a sliding switch. Even the HP34C has a PRGM/RUN switch. Advantage? It alwys switch to ON in run mode. All RPN programmable LCD's have a toggle key are like this, but some of the new ones (after Pioneers) switch back to ON in the same state they were when switched to OFF (I know you know that; just illustrating :).

Best regards, my friend. Be well.

Luiz C. Vieira - Brazil

Edited: 15 June 2003, 2:05 a.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photo of my HP 15c | 15c LE DigiGal 2 1,517 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DigiGal
  HP 15c LE vs HP-15C dimensions - BOTH ARE HUGE! Joerg Woerner 4 1,889 10-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Jim Johnson
  HP 15C and 15C LE not the same dimensions? Derek 16 4,198 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Derek
  Original 15C Keyboard Test Works With 15C LE!!! DigiGal 5 2,125 09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Last Post: M. Joury
  How would a new HP 15c+ affect 15c market value? megarat 5 1,895 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Last Post: John Stark
  HP 15C: Any cure for an HP 15C with "snappy" keys? Jeff 2 1,144 09-05-2001, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Jim