HP collectors meeting

Why don’t we fix an appointment this summer so that we can have a nice experience in meeting all the members of the HP collectors group? Any place in Usa could be good for me... Thanks! Gian from Italy (http://welcome.to/gian)

It's already summer in Australia now. All you northern hemespherians can come down here and escape the cold.

But seriously, if there's any collectors in or near Perth, Western Australia -- I'd love to hear from you.

My (ever so slightly mangled) email address is:

shodges at wantree dot com dot au

nothing more to say.

A collectors meeting in central Europe could be of interest too. Come on guys, I know that there are more collectors in Germany and Italy.

Why not in the Netherlands? Can be easy reached by everybody, also from across the ocean, is (still) affordable and nice. Regards, Jan

Make it in Minnesota.....

Well, heck, I'll be near Trier, Germany starting late April 2000. I'll be there for at least 2 years. Randy

As Jan says: Easily reached, affordable, nice people (Ha !).

How about Orlando, Florida U.S.A. Pick a date and let me check with my wife, and I'll help arrange accomidations, Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Cape Kenedy Space Center, Cruise (Port Canaveral is 60 minutes by car), etc.

Now could be necessary a definitive word from the father of this great site, Dave G. Hicks, who really might be the organizer of that HP collectors world-meetings... isn't it?

I didn't want to go that far. Sure, it would be nice to organize a meeting, but because of the number of collectors in the U.S. it would surely be best to make such a world-wide meeting in the U.S.

I, for instance couldn't afford the journey just for the collectors meeting (think of the number of collectors you could buy just for the flight). This could be of interest, if I could combine it with other things (job, ...) but I don't see a chance for this now.

I'm sure, others (Europe, Australia, ...) would think the same.

It seems strange to me, that mostly Europeans have answered in this thread.

What I liked, was just to meet some other collectors and sure, the reason mentioning Austria was, because I live there :-) . Besides that, Vienna is a nice town.

A central-European meeting should take part, where all the collectors have the shortest way and this does mainly depend on the distance (or cost)for the single people and who would like to come there.

In example a cheap weekend trip flight to London might be cheaper for me, than a journey with the railway to Hamburg or Amsterdam.

So hey, let's have fun with all of this. We shouldn't make too much troubles with organizing before a critical mass is reached (but we can use this forum every time for organizing smaller meetings in some corners of the world).

More people interested ? Drop into this thread and tell what you'd like.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to organize a meeting at this time. (But Italy sounds like the most fun to me ;-))

Dave Hicks said: "I'm afraid I don't have the time to organize a meeting at this time. (But Italy sounds like the most fun to me ;-)) "

Hell, Dave. We've had the last two practicly in your back yards and you didn't show up. What makes you think you'd make it to Italy? :-/

Personally, I'd love to go to Italy but I couldn't afford it. Chris Cottoti, International Calculator and I will organize one here in Orlando if we have enough interest.

Joe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For you serious HP collectors Fred Lusk 13 3,386 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Fred Lusk
  Attention collectors! robertoataulfo 3 1,431 10-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Last Post: David Hayden
  First WP 34S R&D Meeting Central Europe Walter B 5 1,882 04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Walter B
  Woodstock collectors: electrical care/prevention tips and practices? megarat 10 2,876 06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Vieira, Luiz C. (Brazil)
  Mini HP meeting Art Litka 3 1,376 05-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Johnny Bjoern Rasmussen
  Meeting held yesterday in western Denmark Johnny Bjoern Rasmussen 3 1,331 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Johnny Bjoern Rasmussen
  A little survey among HP's calculator collectors. Ignazio Cara (Italy) 11 2,828 03-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Etienne Victoria
  Allschwil's Meeting 2008 arrival Christoph Giesselink 10 2,824 10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Last Post: John B. Smitherman
  Allschwil's Meeting 2008 Matthias Wehrli 16 3,975 10-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Philippe Morath
  For the Collectors (Spot the 35 & 48) Les Bell 1 1,045 10-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Walter B