HP32E

Dear Sir or Miss,

I was refered to you by HP. I am trying to find someone who can repair an old HP32E Scientific Calculator. It is over 20 years old and the battery corroded away the terminals in the calculator.

I should explain that this calulator was awarded to my wife in 1981 for a science contest she won. My wife was recently killed in an automobile accident and this calculator has taken on an enormous sentimental value to me.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell where I might be able to get it repaired and the battery replaced.

I'm very sorry to hear about your having lost your mate. It is tragic, and something that no one should have to live through, but people do. Try to hang in there.

If you pay for shipping both ways, I will repair it for free. Fair enough? If it is more than corroded battery terminals, I will have to have a look, but I'm pretty sure I can fix it. In the meantime, don't plug the charger into it in an attempt to see if it still works, or you might blow it up.

-Jeremy

PS - If you hover the cursor over my name in this window where it says: "Posted by Jeremy" my email address will appear on the bottom edge of the window. Email me and we can exchange addresses and such.

You're a nice person Jeremy

John

I'm a sucker for a romantic story, even if it is a very sad one.

I know how I would feel if I lost my girlfriend, and I have only been with her for 5 months. I can't even imagine the pain of losing her as a wife of many years.

So if there's a small thing I can do to ease his pain, I'm all over it.

-Jeremy

Jeremy:
It sounds like the terminals are gone, so you may have to rebuild the terminals using Katie Wass' instructions on remanufacturing/rebuilding the terminals using available parts. Either that, or replace the entire terminal/PCB/Flex assembly with one from a good Spice unit.

Spicey

Hey Spicey (or any one else who knows)
Can you point me to Katie Wass' instructions on the rebuild of spice terminals?
Thanks
Dano

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP32E Hardware Question Mike T. 2 955 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Randy
  And finally - a simulator for the HP32E. Mike T. 4 1,412 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Katie Wasserman
  batteries for HP32E & 37E Peter K Mueller 6 1,803 04-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Last Post: David Smith
  Algorithm used to find Q and Q^-1 on HP32E Mike T. 9 2,372 11-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Mike T.