Loading .prgm files to the Prime

So, I've found some programs I'd like to run on my Prime (emulator and hardware). I've downloaded them to the PC. How do I get them into the emulator or hardware Prime?

Thank you,

TomC

all i can tell you is : GOOD LUCK

this part of the hp prime : communication part / usb / pc connectivity
is tinkered, the engeneer who do it is probably a crazy man.

wait the next release, hp know they have do a big mistake about it

copy your file in the folder C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\HP_Prime

1st way : launch the emulator, go on the program editor and click on send with your calc connected.

2nd way : open the emulator and the connectivity kit, open the program, copy the code, create a new program on the software for the real calc where you paste the code, save. It is on your calc. I gonna create a picture showing that.

FWIW, there have already been multiple threads about that topic in the past few weeks :)

Quote:
copy your file in the folder C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\HP_Prime

I put a shortcut to this directory on my desktop so now I can just drag and drop into it and the programs appear in the Connectivity Kit.

Quote:
FWIW, there have already been multiple threads about that topic in the past few weeks :)

True but if you are a new user it is still convoluted a He**.
I think the idea of putting a shortcut on the desktop is the best work around for now,
Note: I think once you get the file on the emulator things seem to be OK,but delete it from the emulator it also deletes it from the roaming directory.

Quote:

True but if you are a new user it is still convoluted a He**.
I think the idea of putting a shortcut on the desktop is the best work around for now,
Note: I think once you get the file on the emulator things seem to be OK,but delete it from the emulator it also deletes it from the roaming directory.

I agree, it is convoluted.

I like using text files (encoded in UFC-8) to transport files between the computer and the Prime emulator/calculator. If I get a chance, I going to transform a .prgm file to a text file so I don't have to hunt for the appropriate spot to copy a .prgm file.

Hopefully with the next Connectivity Kit, we get the ability to import and export files to and from the emulator/calculator directly.

...but! The .prgm files are not text/edittable!

Help!?

TomC

Thanks for this response. CANNOT figure out why I didn't think of it myself! I drag the .hpprgm file to this icon on my desktop, open up (or close, then re-open) the emulator. The file shows up on the emulated calculator EVERY time! Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to copy files from 9114B to hard drive via PIL-box? Joe Horn 23 10,023 12-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Geoff Quickfall
  How to update PRIME Firmware using Files on PC Harold A Climer 2 1,926 12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Erwin Ried
  Proper location for files on the PC for Connectivity Kit ,etc. Harold A Climer 8 2,780 10-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  HHC 2013 speakers' files Joe Horn 2 1,577 09-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Geoff Quickfall
  Nonpareil Rom files davorin 2 1,410 09-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Didier Lachieze
  Problem loading library into emulator Tom Grydeland 2 1,327 09-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  41 and 71B Overlays, DXF Files? aj04062 0 974 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Last Post: aj04062
  My HHC2012 Presentations and Files Namir 1 1,090 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  HP42s input output of programs and files aurelio 17 4,441 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Raymond Del Tondo
  go67c - cannot input "LBL a" in W/PRGM mode Federico Hanssen 7 2,204 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian