Any Southern California HP Calculator clubs left?

I've just been having a great chat with Andreas off the HP48 usenet group, and he suggested I ask around here:
Does anyone know of any HP Calc or handheld oriented clubs left in the Southern California area - or even in the USA at all?

My Internet search so far has of course turned up the annual HHC convention webpage, but there is no "group contact" there. Also I have found one club left in UK. Other than that, I don't see much around, unfortunately.

Thanks for any bit of info anyone has on this!
Sincerely,
Jed

I don't know if there are any clubs in SoCal, but I'll encourage you to join the UK club (HPCC.org). Their magazine is lots of fun.

Thanks, David. I just might have to join them. Seems a pity to have to join a UK group - I mean not that I mind, but the bummer is there are none based here any longer!? ;-)

Does the UK based HPCC club also put on the annual HHC conferences that I have read about at http://hhuc.us/ or is that a separate group? If they are a different group, does anyone have contact info for them?

I appreciate your time, thanks again for the leads.

Hi Jedidia,

I had a similar problem while searching for an HP oriented User Club in Germany: There is none left. So I joined the HPCC and am very glad I did. There are lots of contacts between the HPCC and the organizers of the HHC. For membership info visit www.HPCC.org and/or write to Dave Colver (secretary@hpcc.org). As mentioned above their club magazine "Datafile" is great. Send me an email via this forum and I can send you an article I published in "Datafile" as an example, if you like. It would be great, if you would join.

Best regards

Karl

EDIT: Hi Karl, Dave got back to me in record fast time, and I am now in the process of becoming a member of the UK HPCC Club. Thanks for seconding that I should join. ;-)

Thanks for the offer about your article, I'll try to contact you directly off here, I would like to read it!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions about programming these beauties (HP48, 49 series) as I learn more. I used an HP48G in high school, and then '99 when the HP49G came along, I stupidly gave it to my brother and bought a 49G. Fast forward many years, I have a 49G and 49G+ now, and they have only seen "light number crunching duties" since my college days. However, that will change as I have some time now to learn some programming and get into it more. Also, I am very happy to have a mint HP48G coming my way off Ebay to finally have my old favorite again! :-)

See you all around,
Jed

Edited: 14 Feb 2013, 3:57 a.m.

Should we start one? I am in the San Gabriel Valley (live in Azusa).

We SHOULD start one! I'm in Hesperia (near Victorville)

Mike

Hi Eddie and Mike, that sounds like some good fun! :-) I just joined the HPCC UK Club - I wonder if they would like a SoCal USA chapter? :-)

I could make us a nice little website to start, put it on Facebook, the Usenet group, here, or whatever and see if we get any bites?

What do you all think?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Box left at HHC Tim Wessman 1 1,569 09-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz
  Any 30b cables left? patryk 7 2,395 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  HP-25 left on for a long, long, while Matt Agajanian 12 3,520 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Steve Leibson
  One parking lot left ... Walter B 83 15,894 12-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Walter B
  aOT--HP Calculator clubs/pages on Facebook Matt Agajanian 0 857 06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian
  DM15CC - only a few hours left. Harald 2 1,215 05-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Reth
  "Smooth Scaled Deciduous Trees of the Southern Nordic Countries" Geoff Quickfall 33 8,305 09-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Bruce Bergman
  WP 34S Top Left Key Poll Walter B 41 9,418 04-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Walter B
  Left handed HP-15C :) Marcus von Cube, Germany 1 1,013 04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Howard Owen
  There's only seven days left Valentin Albillo 2 1,073 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Last Post: PeterP