OT: to support the polls

Dear all,

there are quite some polls in the forum right now.

Sometimes I see messages of missed votes, unclarities, manually drafted overviews of intermediate or final results, etc.

To get over this, doodle can be used:
http://www.doodle.com/?locale=en

Originally it used for finding a date/time among a group of several people. But simple polls are also fine.

These are the steps:

1. Optionally change the language at the very left bottom of the screen to the one you like
  2. Schedule an event (Title, Description, E-mail address), Next
  3. time proposals (free text)
  4. enter option 1, option 2, etc. as free text, Next
  5. optionally adjust the settings, Next, Finish

The Participation Link can be posted in the forum, the Administration Link is used to adapt and finally close the poll.

Advantages:

• one place for truth
  • transparent, open
  • everybody can contribute using the participants link
  • optionally the participants can add comments
  • still the forum can be used for discussing
  • the e-mail address is only needed for the admin link being send to the organiser; no account needs to be created
  • the organiser can close the poll after the votes have been done

I couldn't resist to create an example for the current poll :-)

Participation link
Send this link to anyone you wish to invite.
http://www.doodle.com/bf62kehqn8auna3z

Administration link
Access this link to change, close or delete this poll.
http://www.doodle.com/bf62kehqn8auna3zszzgkdfd/admin

Just play with it. It won't do any harm and is only for illustrative purposes.

Best regards,

Alex

PS:
Not at all I am connected with Doodle AG.

Hi!

The way you set up your test poll makes it possible to submit more than one vote. It is quite some time ago that I used Doodle and I don't remember if that can be changed. What I remember is that you get drowned in emails, especially as administor, that's why we stopped using Doodle and returned to normal emails.

Regards
Max

Edited: 6 Dec 2012, 8:05 a.m.

Hi Maximilian,

I started by doing a search for "doodle" within the forum - not to annoy with obvious and already discussed and decided topics. I did not found something, so I came up with this idea for improvement.

Quote:
The way you set up your test poll makes it possible to submit more than one vote.

One can customize the poll by clicking "Participant can only choose one option" within the settings of the poll. I changed it for my Ramones-Poll example and now the checkboxes for each option are radio buttons.

Quote:
...you get drowned in emails, especially as administor...

There is also an option "Inform me about further participants, comments and any other events in this poll." underneath "Notifications". By unclicking that should be solved as well.

I think the advantages exceed by far. But I also think everybody decides on his/her own.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

please see my remark here.

d:-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General remark about the 43S polls Walter B 2 1,162 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Walter B
  USB support for the 48GX? Matt Agajanian 4 1,489 05-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Tom Sauntry
  Acrilic Support for the HP-2225 printer dinamarco 0 748 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Last Post: dinamarco
  Is HP tech support clueless ? Michael de Estrada 30 6,788 09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Tim Wessman
  Does the HP 10B calculator not support Order of Operation? David Adams 22 4,974 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Mark Storkamp
  Why is complex number support so essential to some of you? Mark Edmonds 16 3,926 06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Last Post: John Cadick
  uWatch Complex Number Support hugh steers 24 5,248 11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Last Post: hughsteers
  Young 35S User Unimpressed By Mediocre Complex Number Support Les Wright 5 1,510 10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Last Post: V-PN
  Idea: "Support your favorite calc-related project" Klaus 3 1,255 09-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Diego Diaz
  I got P41CX to support more ROMs ! Vincent Weber 7 1,906 04-19-2006, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Eric Smith