ebay bargain - NOT !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330287541548

What are the odds the seller missed the point? Or missed the dot in US $1.99?

This is the kind of moment I briefly feel I'm normal...

Thanks for sharing.

Luiz (Brazil)

I know a similar guy in German TAS who asks usually for a factor of ten more than it's worth for the starting bid. A 1% charge for unsold items every time might help to prevent exaggerated stuff spoiling the marketplace.

Clicking on the purchase history shows that no-one has yet paid more than $35 for this item, and that its price has changed (mostly increasing) over time. So it's not a misprint for $1.99 ...

Nigel (UK)

That's incredible. Most of the 35s's on ebay are going for $35. That's the whole calculator with case and manual and often free shipping. How could so many people fall for this?

Here it is properly linked for postings on this site: Kalifornia-tard.

The 35s sold now does not come with that nice clamshell case anymore.

Eric

I have one of the old 35s units that came with the zipper case. The zipper broke even before the batts went flat, and the latter happened automatically after a few months:-/

The devil is in the details!!

I second that, that case was a piece of $#it, good for nothing

Obviously, this is a special case as it's made of "leather" rather than the cheap vinyl type material that my HP-35s case came in! A limited edition by those nice people at Dunhill or a finely crafted Louis Vuitton perhaps? Seriously though, I do know people who buy things without looking at the price.

I have seen this price mentioned before on the 35s zipper case. I could never understand why anyone would pay it. Yes, it's an awesome case, but $200??

Maybe I should sell mine. That will get me two 15c's, and about 10 30b's. :-)

thanks,
bruce

Ditto!

Mine has only one zip locker (one of them broke in some parts) and the zipper is only a track where the zip locker moves back and forward. The zipper never closes.

Luiz (Brazil)

I wonder why did the seller wrote

Quote:
*** Calculator(s) shown in picture(s) are not included ***
when there are no calculators in the picture at all?

Weird...er.

Luiz (Brazil)

Quote:
I wonder why did the seller wrote

*** Calculator(s) shown in picture(s) are not included ***

when there are no calculators in the picture at all?

Weird...er.

Luiz (Brazil)

Because the pictures aren't his either and there is always the risk that the real owner of the pictures might mischievously add in a calculator or two once he or she realises that they've been hijacked for an auction.

Makes sense... to me, at least 8^)

Cheers.

Luiz (Brazil)

If you look at the previous 54 sold, the price since 2009 fluctuated between $16 & $35 dollars.
Quite possibly a mistake?

Ciao Luiz, what do you think here too is matter of wrong point or comma, or the value of the calc is the real one- the item was sold

Hello!

Quote:
... too is matter of wrong point or comma, or the value of the calc is the real one- the item was sold

I followed that one too. Too good to be true, if it really was one of the two calculators flown on the ASTP mission. If it was actually one of those two, the price should be one or two orders of magnitude higher! Anyway, I doubt that it was really sold, as the first and last bids were made by the same person with "private" bidding status, which always rings the fraud-alert bell with me.

Regards
Max

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What a bargain! Eddie W. Shore 5 1,926 06-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  HP-01 "bargain" Joerg Woerner 7 2,102 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Frank Boehm (Germany)
  "Bargain" HP-34C in Brazil :-) Gerson W. Barbosa 2 1,379 09-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Gerson W. Barbosa
  Corbulin bargain :-))) gileno 3 1,128 03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Namir