[WP34s] 2 possible shortcuts

Trying a few key-combinations today I saw that [STO][STO] and [RCL][RCL] are still free, and they would be very comfortable (and quick) shortcuts. Any ideas for what operations these could be used?

I would have an idea, but unfortunately these functions are not yet implemented: ;-)

[STO][STO] store X..T to A..D

[RCL][RCL] recall A..D to X..T

Maybe a [STO][RCL] or [RCL][STO] could even swap the lower and upper stack.

And a short remark for Marcus:

When I press [f] after a [STO] then the f-indicator is displayed, but for [g] or [h] it is not!?

Has this any special meaning, or is it just a small oversight in the code?

Edit: And another thing:

When I press [CPX] the '360' indicator temporarily changes to 'RAD'!? Intended or not?

Franz

Edited: 29 Apr 2012, 4:01 p.m.

f normally signals that a shortcut address is active. These are not available for STO or RCL, just for LBL and XEQ or GTO but this is only known when the key is released. The f display is a glitch I might take care of later.

We avoided meaningful key repetitions as far as possible. Our users get older, and accidental double key presses may become a problem ;-)

Quote:
The f display is a glitch I might take care of later.

Ok, it's not really a problem.

And why is 360 changed to RAD when pressing [CPX]?

Quote:
Our users get older

True for our bodies, but our brains are getting younger and better the more we use the WP34s - its huge featureset is indeed 'food for the brain'! ;-)

True for sure. Now please press the keys with your brain alone ;-)

This may be a heritage of a very early project stage where we were thinking of switching to RAD for complex calculations since it's the 'natural angular mode' there.

Yes, this may be the reason. I was simply wondering because I can't remember that I've ever seen this before (in older releases).

All complex operations are done in radians mode. It has always been this way. The RAD indicator should always have turned on -- I believe this has always worked properly but could be mistaken.

- Pauli

Quote:
All complex operations are done in radians mode.

Ok, learned something new again.

Quote:

;-)

Quote:

How is the mind control interface coming along? More useful than IR printing. ;-)

Quote:
How is the mind control interface coming along?

It is working quite well. The three inch (75mm) electrodes that need to be inserted into your brain before you can operate the calculator are uncomfortable during use and very painful to insert and remove -- we are going to recommend a permanent surgical implantation instead. Everyone please form an orderly line :-)

- Pauli

Edited: 1 May 2012, 8:15 a.m. after one or more responses were posted

I'd rather try to use my forehead to push the buttons. It sounds less painful!

Don't you underestimate: getting such a pointed forehead may become pretty painful!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [HP-Prime] - Shortcuts for program writing Jean-Michel 4 1,888 11-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jean-Michel
  HP-Prime Home/xCAS Shortcuts CompSystems 2 1,157 09-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: iconmaster
  [WP34S] WP34S firmware on the AT91SAM7L-STK dev kit? jerome ibanes 1 1,176 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  [wp34s] Incomplete Gamma on the wp34s Les Wright 18 4,970 12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Namir
  [wp34s] Romberg Integration on the wp34s Les Wright 2 1,447 12-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Les Wright
  Undocumented 50g shortcuts ? Glenn Shields 3 1,260 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Glenn Shields
  Undocumented 35S shortcuts designnut 1 850 02-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Stefan Vorkoetter
  HP49g keyboard shortcuts Alexander DeLarge 4 1,503 11-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Giancarlo (Italy)