HP 15c LE Case

I've had my PH 15c LE for a good month now. But I had this nagging feeling that the case I was supplied with wasn't as "high end" as I had hoped. And after reading the following post:

HP 15c LE and 12c

and by viewing the following jpeg:

has me to believe that I was supplied with the HP 12c case (mine is not texture-marbled like the top one, but instead is flat). I'm not up in arms about it or anything, just a tad bummed is all. I must say though that the 15c LE case "looks" a tad better feeling compared to the one supplied for the 12c.

Which leads me to the question, has anyone bought these Voyager Cases on eBay? The rigid front/back is the reason I'd like it, but not sure 100% if these are any good. Does anyone have experience with them?

Edited: 23 Jan 2012, 10:27 p.m. after one or more responses were posted

Quote:
Which leads me to the question, has anyone bought these Voyager Cases on eBay? The rigid front/back is the reason I'd like it, but not sure 100% if these are any good. Does anyone have experience with them?

I've bought 3 of them and like them a lot. They are well made with nice leather and fit very well. It's easy to insert and remove the calculator, and they appear quite sturdy. The cases supplied with HP 15C LE are useless crap, and are much worse than the original Voyager cases.

Cool! I guess ill try it out. I was a bit spoiled with the case that came with the HP 35s, as I always kept it in its case. Thanks for your feedback.

Even the case that came with the 33s is very nice. It's a similar slip case design with hard top and bottom pieces, although it is not leather. I certainly would have rather had a nice slip case with 15C LE, and dispensed with the silly presentation case.

The standard voyager cases were never leather, either (the standard black ones)...

I never said they were leather, but they were better made with thicker material and thinner seams, so you could easily insert and remove the calculator. Have you tried inserting or removing a 15C LE from it's case ? Not easy at all.

I didn't buy an LE. I have two original Corvallis 15C...

Quote:
I've bought 3 of them and like them a lot. They are well made with nice leather and fit very well. It's easy to insert and remove the calculator, and they appear quite sturdy.
The seller even offers inexpensive shippment to Europe. Just ordered one :-).

Me too, to Australia

Quote:
Have you tried inserting or removing a 15C LE from it's case ? Not easy at all

This problem can be solved by turning the vinyl case inside-out and carefully trimming the excess fabric closer to the seam all the way round. Then, just reverse it and the calculator can slide in and out more easily.

Note that all three of my HP-15C LE calculators have the fine-grained vinyl case, rather than the marble textured one.

Nick

Edited: 24 Jan 2012, 4:18 a.m.

Quote:
This problem can be solved by turning the vinyl case inside-out and carefully trimming the excess fabric closer to the seam all the way round.

I haven't had to do this with the old ones. For that matter why should we be doing HP's work? It's easily done, but that's not the point. And yes, I know it's cheaper than 30 years ago, but then so are many things for which we don't expect to have have to do the finishing touches ourselves.

Quote:

I've bought 3 of them and like them a lot. They are well made with nice leather and fit very well. It's easy to insert and remove the calculator, and they appear quite sturdy. The cases supplied with HP 15C LE are useless crap, and are much worse than the original Voyager cases.

I just ordered 3 - one for my HP-16C, one for an HP-12C that I rescued at work, and one for my HP-15C LE.

They look much better than those crappy 12C 25th Anniversary cases !

Cheers,
John

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime Tutorial #4 is up (CASE/CHOOSE/INPUT) Eddie W. Shore 1 1,278 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Davi Ribeiro de Oliveira
  Leather case for the HP-Prime Karl-Ludwig Butte 9 3,841 10-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  OT - A lucky find - Busicom Handy-LE LE-120A Cristian Arezzini 2 1,783 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Cristian Arezzini
  Low power warning for HP-15C LE and batteries Nick_S 1 1,381 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Hans Brueggemann
  HP 15C-LE replacement still available? Borja 16 5,383 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  JTAG on HP-12C and HP-15C LE Ingo 5 2,386 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  HP 15C LE extremums Richard Berler 29 8,547 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dieter
  HP-50G belt clip case Dan Lewis 6 2,115 04-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Last Post: B ENFINGER
  HP 39gii: CASE Syntax Eddie W. Shore 3 1,548 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  New 15C LE bug? Paul Dale 3 1,762 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM