Reply from HP on 15C LE Availability

Dear Frank,

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center.

I understand that you are inquiring as to when the HP 15c Scientific Calculator will be back in stock. Before anything else, I would like to thank you for choosing HP as your brand of choice and buying your desired products here in our online store. HP offers the best and innovative products to assure customer satisfaction.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is a popular product, Frank, due to its demand we are current out of supply.

Regrettably, we do not have information as to when this particular product will be available. I am sorry that I cannot provide you with an exact date, however I do recommend that you visit our website regularly to check for availability since shipments of our products are received daily.

As an alternative, I would like to recommend that you take a look at the HP 48gII Graphing Calculator. With its 128K total memory, more than 80K of user memory, built-in constant library, and structured programming for creating applications, the HP 48gII gives you reliable, high-level assistance for demanding engineering and surveying applications.
You can refer to the URL below:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/calculator/HP/1/storefronts/F2226A%2523ABA

I hope this information has been of assistance to you, Frank. Please reply to this message if there is anything else we can do. For online chat assistance, please visit: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/help.do. For your convenience, you may also call the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center directly at 1-888-222-0029 between 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Don't forget to be the first in the know regarding our new products, price drops, coupons and other promotions. Subscribe to our bi-monthly e-newsletter since the subscription is free:

www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/newsletter.do?destPage=news_sub

Thank you for shopping at the HP Home and Home Office Store. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Regards,
Chris
E-Mail/Chat Representative
HP Home and Home Office StoreTell us about your shopping and email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our customer satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.

What a joke...

Canned joke...

He recommends the 48gII and not the 35S?

Hello Frank,

it sounds like an automatically produced answer. You never know how many persons have to respond how many questions.

That the system recommends a hp 48 doesn't match to the hp 15c, but from the system point of view a good approximation.

Sincerely
peacecalc

I see a bigger problem with that canned response from HP.

1. The 48GII specs listed in the email reply are wrong. There are two versions of the 48GII. I think it was either 2006 or 2007 HP introduced an updated version that added a USB port and the Equation Library from the 48G. It also now takes 4 AAA batteries. Memory was updated also to 256k vs the old that has 128k. The old one had 80k free. The new one has much more.

2. HP's websites for the 48GII either have broken links or have wrong information on the 48GII as well.

store link with wrong info

broken Data sheet link and broken learning modules link

I know these have been pointed out before.

On a related note, HP still has an incorrect data sheet for the 15C LE floating around. You can find it with google easily:

15C LE with 12 character display

Edited: 27 Dec 2011, 8:26 a.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OT - A lucky find - Busicom Handy-LE LE-120A Cristian Arezzini 2 1,782 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Cristian Arezzini
  Low power warning for HP-15C LE and batteries Nick_S 1 1,380 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Hans Brueggemann
  32sii manual in German availability Don Shepherd 6 2,083 09-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Thomas Radtke
  Availability of scientific HPs Matt Agajanian 4 1,536 08-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  How do you reply to this? [What are the benefits of a graphing calculator outside of class?] Pier Aiello 12 3,581 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  HP 15C-LE replacement still available? Borja 16 5,381 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  JTAG on HP-12C and HP-15C LE Ingo 5 2,385 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  HP 15C LE extremums Richard Berler 29 8,542 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dieter
  New 15C LE bug? Paul Dale 3 1,760 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Mike Morrow
  HP 15C LE, Program Display Format Control Uli 4 2,290 01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Ethan Conner