HP won't fix PSE bug on 15CLE?

July Inc., a HP calculators distributor in Japan, announced HP won't fix PSE bug because "the behaviour is by design". :-(

Edited: 18 Dec 2011, 10:28 a.m.

I don't believe that. HP themselves admits that it is a bug, this sounds like loudmouthing on the part of a distributor.

Do they claim literally that this is an official HP announcment? Any chance to translate the text into readable english?

July.co.jp (Japanese)

Quote:
2. Problems reported on www.hpmuseum.org

Problems will not be resolved. HP's view is "these are by design".

Sorry for my poor translation. I am not sure this is an HP official announcement. At least HP told them that they won't fix bugs.

Edited: 18 Dec 2011, 1:14 p.m.

This is the smallest and most inconsequential of the bugs. For the time&energy cost of using a run-stop command instead and pressing r/s, one gets to have time to write down or store the intermediate answer. The only loss is to the pride of the programmer and i'm not sure how many programmers have any pride in their work any more, or shame for that matter.

Quote:
The only loss is to the pride of the programmer and i'm not sure how many programmers have any pride in their work any more...

There are some, the designers of this piece of software being among them, for sure!

I assume that there will be no official return policy but a new image will eventually appear for those having the means to upgrade the firmware in their devices.

Quote:
July.co.jp (Japanese)

Sorry for my poor translation. I am not sure this is an HP official announcement. At least HP told them that they won't fix bugs.

Thank you very much for your finding and the translation! I'm sure *someone* told July so. However, I'm not sure if one hand of HP knows what the other does ;-). No really, there where so many things messed up around the 15C LE, I wouldn't wonder if that 'announcement' means nothing.

I assume you are beating a dead horse.

I think the proper translation from Japanese is "Screw You."

Lol !

I agree. While it would be nice to have the PSE bug fixed, I think that the power consumption problem and low-battery memory loss issues are much more important.

Quote:
There are some, the designers of this piece of software being among them, for sure!

Absolutely. He writes good code. Before this, Tim and his partner John Evers wrote what i think is the best fully integrated surveying program on the market. And it's for an hp too. I have three of those 15Cs and have no regrets at all but i will update the software when it comes available. I think it's great that that is possible.

The trinity of the wp34s are no slouches either.

Michael; Tell me that theres not some programmers (at microsoft or for windows-based products) that you wouldn't like to beat with a dead horse.

I wasn't aware that Microsoft employed any programmers.

Quote:
This is the smallest and most inconsequential of the bugs. For the time&energy cost of using a run-stop command instead and pressing r/s, one gets to have time to write down or store the intermediate answer. The only loss is to the pride of the programmer and i'm not sure how many programmers have any pride in their work any more, or shame for that matter.

It would be nice if PSE works as it should, even though I prefer to R/S to PSE.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime graphing bug BruceH 1 1,456 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Joe Horn
  HP Prime: Integrate Won't Integrate James Williams 17 4,394 11-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Last Post: CR Haeger
  HP Prime - another cosmetic bug BruceH 3 1,674 11-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Ken Shaw
  HP Prime Bug bluesun08 19 5,284 10-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Han
  HP Prime bug in EDITMAT Han 7 2,542 09-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Han
  [HP 39Gii] - Bug report Jean-Michel 1 1,588 08-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Tim Wessman
  SCIOVR and ENGOVR in FIX mode Andrew Nikitin 5 1,780 07-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Victor Koechli
  Is the HP-35S bug free? Matt Agajanian 22 6,190 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Andrés C. Rodríguez (Argentina)
  Has anyone reported this bug to HP? Allen L. 4 1,611 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Manolo Sobrino
  A temporary "fix", the Casio Prism (fx-CG10) LHH 5 2,001 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LHH