34S Matrix Questions

I know that this has been covered via various threads and I have not read them all or have been able to follow them until today when I got my 34S flashed (plus I have been out of the office).

Questions:

1. I understand that some of the user flash pages had to be used. Which ones? How would I determine this as a user from the 34S? It is possible to overwrite the used pages as a user?
  2. MIO and other Matrix Library functions are missing, how do I add? Where do I add?
  3. Other than the two pages in Walters guide is there any other Matrix documentation?

Thanks, and sorry if this has all be answered before, but I have been unable to find a central source of this information.

The library files are in a download area on the sourceforge site.

You download those files and then use Samba to load them to different locations in the 34S from the main location to flash the firmware.

Libraries 1 through 5 can go to these offsets:

0x11f400 - Library 1
0x11f000 - Library 2
0x11ec00 - Library 3
0x11e800 - Library 4
0x11e400 - Library 5

I have been intending to write this up because I could not figure out how to do this either.

I have a write up (thanks Marcus and Pauli for being so patient with my questions), but your questions confirm the need for better instructions.

The library files as they exist now can be found here:

34S Library directory on Sourceforge

Each file is named wp34s-5.dat, etc.

The order really does not matter, but if a library has the same 3 character label as another, the label in the lowest numbered library gets executed if called.

Thanks Gene, now more confused. IIRC, the *.dat in that directory should already have been append to calc.bin, correct? I ask since after flashing with the latest code X.FCN, TEST, and P.FCN have the matrix functions listed per Walters doc. However other functions discussed such as MIO are not.

And do I have to use Samba or can I use SENDL via the emulator?

I have only used Samba, so YMMV.

I don't believe the calc.bin file has the .dat files appended. You create a fullcalc.bin :-) file by doing a copy/b command and joining the .dat to the .bin files.

MIO was in a library (it is actually now replaced by a MED matrix Editor). One library has the AM1, etc. programs to load the matrices. One library has prime number functions, etc.

So the matrix commands are part of the calc.bin original file in the firmware now.

The libraries are extra to that.

SENDL is up to the task if you can get the serial commands to work. This might include some experimentation with speed correction factors (see the docs).

Gene is correct with SAM-BA.exe but there should be a join.cmd file in the realbuild directory to join the libs into calc_full.bin which can be sent with MySamba.

Quote:
I don't believe the calc.bin file has the .dat files appended. You create a fullcalc.bin :-) file by doing a copy/b command and joining the .dat to the .bin files.

Or, the cat command if you are Unix/Linux, e.g.:
cat calc.bin *.dat >fullcalc.bin
Quote:
MIO was in a library (it is actually now replaced by a MED matrix Editor).

Great, docs for MED?
Quote:
So the matrix commands are part of the calc.bin original file in the firmware now.

Nothing like confusion. :-|

cat works just as well as join.cmd. MySamba flashed it just fine. Thanks.

Quote:
Great, docs for MED?

NM, found the docs for MED in the source. :-)

Quote:
MIO was in a library (it is actually now replaced by a MED matrix Editor).

MIO should still be there.

The relevant library files are available on subverion:

In both cases, download the latest. Having these will help understand how to use them. You could also type them in all else failed, there are less than 250 lines in total.

- Pauli

Same idea, different operating system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFTER HP-Prime update, Shift+Matrix CRASHES Joseph Ec 3 2,002 12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Joseph Ec
  HP Prime Matrix TERRIBLE bug and question uklo 19 4,970 11-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Mic
  HP Prime: editing a matrix Alberto Candel 6 2,301 11-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Helge Gabert
  Absolute Value and Matrix BruceTTT 5 2,057 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Walter B
  WP-34S: Battery Level - some questions Marcel Samek 5 2,015 09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Marcel Samek
  WP-34S Matrix operations with routine-local registers? Tom Grydeland 1 1,158 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  Matrix Characteristic Polynomial - Reloaded. Ángel Martin 12 3,327 08-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Thomas Klemm
  Matrix Richard Berler 3 1,392 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  Advantage/CCD Matrix Challenge Ángel Martin 1 1,141 08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Thomas Klemm
  [HP -Prime CAS] List, Matrix, Vector as one Array? CompSystems 0 975 07-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Last Post: CompSystems