Tim, Help! 15C LE emulator activation not working

Tim,

Help! I went ahead and tried to activate my emulator and it keeps returning "The license data is invalid".

I tried the serial number that is taped to the front of the CD and retyped / re-verified it several times. I keep getting the same response.

Thanks,

-Marwan

Click the "offline" button. If it complains at you when clicking that, your number may be typed in incorrectly, or else they gave you a bum number. Please email me the name below as typed, added onto @hp.com and i can take a look.

timwessman

Hi Tim,

I was able to activate over the web. Just FYI I am using Win 7 Pro and it simply would not activate directly but when I chose the offline option it worked fine.

Thanks,

-Marwan

My guess is it was a firewall thing. That happens fairly frequently over school networks too.

TW

Will this 15C emulator also be available separately, i.e. without having to buy the real calculator?

There's a "HP Calculator Emulator program" where almost every HP calc is emulated (I have a few of them), but I don't see the HP15C on these sites. :-(

Franz

Quote:
Will this 15C emulator also be available separately, i.e. without having to buy the real calculator?

Good Question.

I'm not interested in actually owning the 15C - I've had several over the years and really didn't use them.

But I would be interested in the emulator. I could then participate in any of the discussions that come up and try the programs out. I don't really see where making the emulator available would impact the sales of actual units.

Bill

I'm happy using Nonpareil.

Cheers

Thomas

Hi Tim,

That could be, I'll have to look into it.

Thanks,

-Marwan

Just a thought, might it be case sensitive ? I had capslock on when I entered mine.

Hi Michael,

I tried it both ways though that was a desperation effort since it automatically capitalizes for you.

I think Tim might be right, something wrong in my firewall setup either at the Windows 7 level or at the router level (more likely in Win 7).

Cheers,

-Marwan

I've also got Win 7 and UAC set to level 4 (highest). It did stop to ask me 2 or 3 times for permission, and even ran a virus scan on something at one point, but did work on my machine. Anyways, sorry you had problems and hopefully you'll figure it out.

BTW, I found out that the Advanced Functions Handbook can be accessed from the menu on the emulator. It looks like it's a pdf scan of the original one.

Quote:
.. I found out that the Advanced Functions Handbook can be accessed from the menu on the emulator.

That is cool!

Hi Michael,

I eventually went the "offline" activation route. Use the same serial number but copy a text field that is provided, drop the text field in the web page accessed by the link also provided, and finally take the response provided by the web page and drop it back in the response pane of the calculator's validation screen.

The fact that worked shows that the serial is correct and that the problem lies somewhere in the way my Win 7 box is trying to activate over the net. It appeared to be going out to the server and then returned with the message that the serial number data was invalid. I never received any UAC prompts, it just quietly failed.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Cheers,

-Marwan

Hi Thomas,

Well, Nonpareil no longer includes the Voyager support. And there's no executable for windows. So, no go there.

I did find a pretty nice HP-15C simulator that looks good.

But it would be nice to have the official HP emulator.

Bill

which simulator?

cheers,
rob :-)

Find an older version of Nonpareil and the Voyager support will still be there -- nothing disappears on the Internet -- ever. Porting it forwards looked pretty easy, otherwise just compile the older code.

- Pauli

Followig is link to the HP-15C simulator:

HP-15C Simulator

Note: Some key features of the 15C are not included - ie, Matrix operations.

Bill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime Save Power Turn Off Not Working Timothy Roche 12 4,078 10-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  Temporary User Mode Key Programs not working in RPN BruceTTT 7 2,624 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Last Post: BruceTTT
  OT - A lucky find - Busicom Handy-LE LE-120A Cristian Arezzini 2 1,783 09-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Cristian Arezzini
  Low power warning for HP-15C LE and batteries Nick_S 1 1,381 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Hans Brueggemann
  HP 15C-LE replacement still available? Borja 16 5,383 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  HP12C Platinum PC software activation fails Russell Clinton 0 1,066 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Russell Clinton
  JTAG on HP-12C and HP-15C LE Ingo 5 2,386 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Paul Dale
  HP 15C LE extremums Richard Berler 29 8,547 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dieter
  HP 12c Platinum Emulator Activation Server Problem Danny Farley 5 1,836 04-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Danny Farley
  HP-97 suddenly not working Brad Barton 10 2,724 02-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Brad Barton