The legend lives on: Two new 41 Modules announced

Joining forces with Jean-Marc Baillard, two new 8k Power-Math modules are being released in a few days, as follows:

1. The BESSEL ROM, a compendium of MCODE functions and FOCAL programs to calculate Bessel, Gamma, and other Bessel-Type functions. Real and Complex variables, Integro-differeciation, Spherical, Asymptotic expansion... just to name a few. Includes an all-new Reiman's Zeta using the Borwein algorithm for real and complex variables, don't miss that!

2. The (ultimate) Polynomial ROM, a collection of utilities and programs for Polynomial analysis - Roots, Interpolation, Factorization... both real and complex variables. Don't miss the new LIST capability to introduced the coefficients as list elements using Alpha and dedicated MCODE functions.

Rounding off the final touches - will be coming soon at a TOS near you, the legend lives on.

Cheers,
'AM.

Jean-Marc is an exceptional mathematician/programmer. He has written advanced calculus applications for the HP-41C that I thought to be beyond the 41's reach!! His skills to push the calculator programming to the limit remind of those the late Swiss professor Peter Henrici had for the HP-25C and HP-33C.

Since the 41C is very dear to me, Jean-Marc's new modules for that machine is a true joy to have. It's like Christmas in spring!

Thank you Angel for sharing and thank you Jean-Marc for developing these new modules. I hope you can attend HHC 2011 so many folks, like myself, could meet you in person!!!

Namir

Very nice.

And so compact.

- Pauli

I gree with your assessment Namir. In this case it's a 50-50 cooperation between the both of us, so hopefully you've got the "best of both styles".

These modules comprise the best of the SandMath, 41Z, JMB_Math and JMB_Matrix - for the subjects they're concerned with, of course. That plus a few new tricks to round it all off nicely, if I'm allowed to say.

BTW I neglected to mention that the MCODE functions use the 13-digit accuracy wherever possible - and it sure makes a difference.

Cheers,
'AM

It is truly a joy to be the audience to gurus like you two. I thrive in acquiring new knowledge, and people like you make it easy for me to thrive.

Angel,

When it comes to complex math on the HP-41C you are the "Hercules" of this aspect.

I am really looking forward to downloading these modules.

Namir

Well, let's put it this way: no project is good without users - so you also make it happen!

I didn’t realise that new modules were still being developed for the ’41.

Do you have a link for these? I wasn’t sure what TOS is.

Steve, FYI, TOS (The Other Site) is a site like this museum but with hp41 standing where hpmuseum is written here. It must not be mentioned explicitely here for reasons way back in history [;-)

HTH, Walter

Edited: 17 Apr 2011, 4:16 p.m.

Hi Namir,

Thank you for your compliments !

While these programs will be so appreciated,

why would we stop ?

Best wishes,

Jean-Marc.

The modules will be posted shortly. In the mean time I'd encourage you to peruse Jean-Marc's excellent (and comprehensive) web pages, at: http://hp41programs.yolasite.com/

You can spend a couple of life-times going through all his material, well worth repeated visits!

The modules are already available at TOS - enjoy!

PS. You don't want to miss QPOL: introducing the polynomial coeffs on a LIST as string elements, then watch ANUMDEL in action...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Prime - Short "learning" modules CR Haeger 1 1,326 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Cameron
  Library#4 Modules mass-update and New Overlays Ángel Martin 0 1,221 11-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Last Post: 'Angel Martin
  hp41cv memory modules tim peterson 10 3,547 11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Garth Wilson
  Best way to test HP-71B RAM modules (the 32K/96K ones etc.)? Philippe Lasnier 4 2,351 09-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Philippe Lasnier
  HP-41 New versions of your favorite modules - with an AOS twist :-) Ángel Martin 13 6,622 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Diego Diaz
  HP-67CX lives! Paul Townsend (UK) 2 1,097 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Namir
  Programming CMT EPROM modules for HP-41 Paul Berger (Canada) 4 1,874 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Paul Berger (Canada)
  Question about X modules for HP41x Ignacio Sánchez 7 2,599 12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Geoff Quickfall
  TAS Modules - which are 4K ? Gene Wright 2 1,329 07-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Last Post: gene wright
  Test HP-41C PPC ROM and STANDARD modules Robert (Simi Valley) 2 1,426 06-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Frido Bohn