Jazz 50G

For those who prefer HP mnemonics and miss having Jazz, I have ported most of Jazz's functionality over to the ARM machines. The initial release can be downloaded at this link:

Jazz 50g v1.0

Have fun coding!

Han, I was not familiar with Jazz, so my curiosity was piqued. I gather that it is a 48 program that compiles System RPL into ML, right? So my question to you or anyone else, does the version on hpcalc.org run on a 48sx? Does it work with User RPL (which is supposed to be a subset of System RPL)?

Quote:
Han, I was not familiar with Jazz, so my curiosity was piqued. I gather that it is a 48 program that compiles System RPL into ML, right? So my question to you or anyone else, does the version on hpcalc.org run on a 48sx? Does it work with User RPL (which is supposed to be a subset of System RPL)?

It compiles System RPL source code (written in the form of a "string") as well as machine code (using HP mnemonics). Personally, I have always preferred HP mnemonics (more readable, easier to add comments) so I never got into MASD (the built-in compiler for the HP50G). Hence the port.

Jazz is also capable of editing User RPL programs, but you should probably use TED to do your editing (as opposed to ED, both of which are part of Jazz). Other features include disassembler, System RPL debugger, and machine code debugger.

The one on hpcalc.org (under the HP48 section) does indeed run on the HP48SX (as well as the HP48GX). It also runs on the HP48G+ or any HP48 with upgraded RAM.

Thanks, Han.

Quote:
I have always preferred HP mnemonics ...

Don't know what this is, but I think I know what programming in User RPL is, though I have not attempted it.

Edited: 13 May 2010, 10:14 a.m.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jazz 50G v1.20 release candidate Han 0 741 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Han
  Jazz 50G and SysRPL debugger Han 4 1,557 06-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Han
  How do I disassemble a hex number with Jazz? Matti Övermark 2 1,087 07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Matti Övermark