New (Cheap!) Voyager Emulators For iPhone

I just found a newly released 15c emulator, called RPN-15C, in the appstore. The previously available ones seemed nice, but I was waiting for RLM's simulator to come out. However, when I saw this one and its 4 dollar price tag, I had to download it.

I don't have either of the other iPhone 15c emulators, so I can't compare, but this app works great (key clicks even work on my 1st gen iPod Touch). It has a semi-classic skin (with some additions like visible stack and portrait version), and a fully customizable skin as well.

My biggest complaint would be that the keys are somewhat small and that can't be customized. There are also some small cosmetic flaws, like a couple of the gold-shifted labels run down over the top of the key which looks weird.

The same company, ameloconsulting, also has released versions of the 11c, 12c, and 16c, all between 2 and 4 dollars US. Worth checking out in my opinion.

Quote:
My biggest complaint would be that the keys are somewhat small and that can't be customized. There are also some small cosmetic flaws, like a couple of the gold-shifted labels run down over the top of the key which looks weird.

Click on the medallion. Click "User Defined". Click the right arrow next to User Defined. Use the slider to increase the size of the keys.

I find SCI-15C a bit more snappy and accurate with the keys. I keep missing 'g'. However I like all the features of RPN-15C. E.g. the stack view and the portrait view.

Quote:
Click on the medallion. Click "User Defined". Click the right arrow next to User Defined. Use the slider to increase the size of the keys.

Thank you. I completely missed that.

I also just discovered there is also some sort of a macro function. Seems like overkill on an already programmable calculator, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Just another note of interest. It appears that this company has one more trick up their sleeves. Their 11c, 12c, 15c, and 16c emulators are out, but there is one app still awaiting approval, an app that combines all four emulators into one!

Here is the website: http://sites.google.com/site/ameloconsulting/

Just downloaded the 15c from the App store to my Itouch whilst flying 30000 ft in the air on a Delta flight. Technology is amazing these days.

Seems a cool implementation. I like the portrait view as well as the fact you can customise the colours of the keyboard AND it's cheap . Still to try out the macro feature.

Nigel ( posted from the clouds ) !

There is a bug with the programming and macros. If you use STO in either of them, it will result in an Error 3 being returned from all registers from 1 to .0. I contacted the developer, and he said that he believes it should be an easy. Apparently, it is only present in the 15c emulator.

Anyway, I am otherwise really enjoying the app.

UPDATE:

I just heard from the developer. He has found and fixed the bug, and will be submitting an update to Apple shortly.

Edited: 18 Nov 2009, 8:24 a.m.

The macro function is great by the way. It works exactly like the programming, except it is much easier to read the lines of symbols and numbers rather than keycodes. Plus you can give your macros actual alphanumeric names.

ClassicRPN is available as of today. Curiously, the price of the individual simulators has increased a few dollars. However, at $9.99, ClassicRPN is still cheaper than all four individual simulators' original prices combined.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP-70 Simulation for iPhone Willy R. Kunz 2 1,469 11-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Namir
  Voyager keyboard issue John Richards 2 1,441 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: John Richards
  OT TI-59 for the iPhone Matt Agajanian 10 2,820 09-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  Concern about Voyager keyboard test Matt Agajanian 2 1,403 08-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian
  Woodstock, Classic & Spices for iPhone Matt Agajanian 8 2,766 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BShoring
  Re: RPN on an iPhone Pal G. 4 1,673 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Pal G.
  Emulators Olivier De Smet 5 1,832 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Olivier De Smet
  any open source HP 10BII emulators? John 15 4,600 06-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Kimberly Thompson
  Great news - Vicinno's HP 15C Scientific Calculator iPhone app is FREE now John 21 5,907 06-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mike (Stgt)
  Selftest of HP-15C in 'emulators' of it Mike (Stgt) 1 1,104 06-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Mike (Stgt)