HP's "Blue Mauritius" up for auction

Up for a "Buy it now" auction is a HP Calculator Digest from 1976 for 580 bucks. Here you'll find the auction, the gracious seller will ship for free. Is this the Blue Mauritius among all HP calculator literature? Perhaps I should make a best offer then, a block of Lehman Bros. shares ... :-)

Edited: 14 Sept 2009, 9:09 p.m.

I think I will swap him with my authentic unpublished Beethoven musical manuscript.

:-)

Namir

Quote:
I think I will swap him with my authentic unpublished Beethoven musical manuscript.

Namir

Well,

I should consider to sell my deads to the Brooklyn bridge :-)

The seller has other HP calculators that he is selling with rather high price tags. An you thought time travel to the past was impossible!!! I sure hope he will not hold his breath. I hate to see a fellow seller expire like that!

Namir

Not only the calculators are pretty expensive, did you see the wall warts' prices? For such a lot of money I would expect them at least to work, even when not plugged into a wall outlet.

What about your Beethoven manuscript? If ol' Ludwig van printed it on an HP-97, I'd give you a bid for it, provided, you sell me his original mag cards, too :-)

Rainer,

You are a good guesser! The manuscript I have for Beethoven was printed using an HP-41C and an external HP printer!!!

Now many readers will ask how on earth did Beethoven get an HP-41C?? Well, thanks to the Einstein Express, I was able to send the old master all these gadgets back time!

Namir

Wow,

Have you seen how many remotes he is selling....My wife has issues picking the right one from the 3 at home, can you imagine if I had that many hanging around at our home...

Finally it has been sold for $579.99, congratulations to the lucky buyer!

Was it worth it?

Nope, he didn't sell it. It's up for auction again at the same price.
Either the seller is pretty sure to find a dude, oops, I mean a buyer, or he doesn't mind paying high ebay fees.

I wonder, what makes this magazine so very special, of course without considering a buy (since my cash cow is constipated for a while :-))

Quote:
I wonder, what makes this magazine so very special

Presumably the fact that it is Volume One. The first edition of anything is always considered more valuable than subsequent issues. For example, I have Volumes Five and Seven of the HP Digest, but I imagine that they are less valuable for that reason. Of course, I have no desire or intention of selling them, any more than I would sell my Red Dot. As far as the item not selling at that price, well, the market has spoken and clearly no one has felt it is worth that much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP67 eBay auction Cristian Arezzini 3 2,066 12-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Raymond Del Tondo
  WP-34S on German Auction Site Joerg Woerner 3 1,776 09-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Maximilian Hohmann
  WP 34s calculator at auction Peter Murphy (Livermore) 56 12,707 07-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Gerson W. Barbosa
  10C, 11C, 12C logos on The Auction Site Peter Murphy (Livermore) 0 950 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Peter Murphy (Livermore)
  Auction Scam of the Week? Frido Bohn 4 1,936 06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mike Morrow
  The "blue book" and what the figures tell Walter B 29 7,210 03-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Walter B
  The Blue HP 50g has arrived. Eddie W. Shore 48 11,655 08-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  OT and TAS related, but ... What Unisonic Models are shown in this auction picture? Gene Wright 6 2,527 07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Guenter Schink
  Another Red Dot Auction Michael de Estrada 7 2,465 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Michael de Estrada
  A blue HP-50G Has Arrived Namir 9 2,460 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Walter B