i41CX+ available on AppStore

All,

Antonio Lagana's fabulous i41CX+ is now available on AppStore, for everybody with an iPhone 2.0.x.

There is also a web site with an FAQ: http://alsoftware.dyndns.org/i41CXplus/

Edited: 3 Sept 2008, 11:24 a.m.

This app makes up for all the iPhone crashes and restores I have had to endure.

Thanks Antonio Lagana.

FINALLY! I have held off upgrading to 2.0 until now for only this reason! Now I am just hoping that the hp12/15/16 emualtors will make it to the 2.0 version soon as well...

Great job Antonio!

I'm waiting for 11/12/15/16 emulation too, but I'm not sure with what's happening there. Apparently the AppStore process went quite fast for i41CX+, but Tom Fors announced on July 12 that all licensing issues on his HPCalc apps were solved, and ... nothing since then :-(

Couldn't wait to go back home to download it over WiFi.
Instead, I got it over the patchy O2 edge connection immediately after I saw the message on this forum.

Can't wait to start playing with it, either - by the time I get off the tube at the other end of London tonight, I don't expect to have any juice left in iPhone's battery.

Antonio Lagana, if you are reading this - many thanks.

For no apparent reason, Apple is being very slow to approve the 11C/12C/15C/16C applications, or to tell us why they haven't approved them.

I just downloaded Antonios great new App for the HP-41CX. Cheapest HP-41CX I have ever bought! (well kind of:-)if you don't include the cost of the phone and service )
For those looking to try the HP-15C emulation on the iphone running 2.0.X, you can get it here: Warning, requires jailbreaking your phone. You can also find it in Cydia. Search for HPCalc.

HPCalc 1.0

An all in one solution (HP11C, HP12C, HP15C and HP16c all contained in a single app, click on the HP logo to switch calculator.

License: Freeware
Author/Publisher: hpvoyageur
Modification Date: July 30, 2008
Requirements: iPhone Firmware 2.x
Desktop Download File Size: 943 Kb - Type the following in Terminal to extract: ar vx filename.deb or use use dpkg -i to install after copying to your iPhone
You'll initially want to install Cydia via PwnageTool
Download with Cydia on your iPhone
Repository (BigBoss): deb http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/ stable main

Quote:
For no apparent reason, Apple is being very slow to approve the 11C/12C/15C/16C applications, or to tell us why they haven't approved them.

Quote:
This app makes up for all the iPhone crashes and restores I have had to endure.

Perhaps the Voyager-series emulators were causing iPhone 1.0 to crash...

;-)

But seriously, folks, it certainly sounds strange to speak of a telephone "crashing" (and not in the physical sense).

-- KS

great stuff,
there is just one thing I'd like to see improved - the skin; current one looks distorted and worn like low-grade quality picture of the real thing; for example the pioneer's emulators look perfect, I have the feeling they are 3D images.
I'm still waiting for the Free42 port before upgrading my ipod touch to 2.0

regards,
reth

Quote:
there is just one thing I'd like to see improved - the skin; current one looks distorted and worn like low-grade quality picture of the real thing

I have to agree with you here. I like the clean look of the nonpareil 41CX image.

Perhaps we will get an option in the future to change the skin.

Quote:
; for example the pioneer's emulators look perfect, I have the feeling they are 3D images.

What Pioneer emulator?

Sorry, my bad ;) I meant Voyagers 11/12/15/16
cheers,
reth

Yes, the skin. A bit blurred and the keys are uncomfortably small, but maybe I am not yet fully trained for iPhone touch screen.
Great fun anyway.

Another criticism would be that there appears to be an awkward bug in User mode, where doing a sequence <number> CHS <user assigned key> (i.e. invoking a program on a user assigned key with a negative argument) causes i41cxp to hang, so that you have to go back to iPhone home screen and back, to get it unstuck.
I can't make it hang with all assignments and all programs. I'll try to put together a fully reproducible test case, and publish it.

Forgive me for being a little naive to this, but until now I have never considered using my Touch as a computing device and out of cheapness held off popping for the AppStore upgrade.

Anyone using this fine sounding software on an older iPod touch too?

Les

actually, the iPod touch compatibility is mentioned on the AppStore listing.

Maybe I will splurge on that software upgrade and this software :) Excellent little gizmo for a total of 18 bucks!

Les

I just download the iPod touch 2.0.2 update and then iHP41CX.

Installs and runs flawlessly.

Happy happy joy joy....

I have a first generation 16GB iPod touch. For almost a year I have been using it just for music and portable video.

I really liked P41CX on my Palm TX, but this is a sheer delight in comparison.

Learning to download and install modules is my next task!

Les

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [i41CX+] Sandmath 4.4 David Maier 1 1,391 09-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Ángel Martin
  i41CX for iOS with page addressing Sylvain Cote 3 1,405 06-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Ángel Martin
  i41CX+ Load Modules to Odd Pages Howard Owen 0 827 12-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Howard Owen
  i41CX Reduce Jack Nolan 8 2,188 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Egan Ford
  i41CX draws sine curve Egan Ford 4 1,358 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Egan Ford
  i41CX+ gets another plus (CAS with editor) [micro review] Egan Ford 4 1,535 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Eddie W. Shore
  For those who are interested in : i59 available on Appstore Jean-Michel 8 1,890 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eric Smith
  I41CX - new version 3.0 Nigel Bamber 0 620 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Nigel Bamber
  Saving i41cx+ states and configurations--what's the difference? Les Wright 1 791 07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Chuck
  iPhone 3.0 OS update does not seem to break 42s or i41cx+ Les Wright 8 1,958 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Les Wright