LEGO calculator

I don't know whether someone has posted this before:

http://acarol.woz.org/

A working LEGO calculator!

Thanks for bringing it up to our attention !

Best regards from V.

It has been mentioned here before I think. Try also the Meccano/Erector difference engine it was based on. Or better explore the entire site. I believe Tim is working on the Babbage analytic engine at the moment.

- Pauli

I could have sworn it was mentioned here before, but if it was, I can't find it. Oh, well, I must have seen it while idly browsing woz.org many moons ago.

A LEGO difference engine is not an HP calculator, but it is so cool that I'm going to say Thank You for pointing it out anyway. :-)

- Thomas

Hi, Luiz --

A famous quote from Charles Babbage:

Quote:
On two occasions I have been asked, – "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" In one case a member of the Upper, and in the other a member of the Lower, House put this question. I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

-- KS

So that was the kind of thought Babbage´s difference machine caused the members of the House (of the Lords, I presume) to be bothered with. Poor Babbage... extra wondering and worriness.

Thanks again.

Luiz (Brazil)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (OT) Lego Turing machine BruceH 9 2,955 06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bill (Smithville, NJ)