The HHC2007 Conference Commemorative Calendar

Hi,

At the HHC2007 HP Calculator Conference last weekend, an HP Calculator calendar (created by the conference committee) was given to every attendee. These commemorative calendars, featuring images of every HP calculator ever made (and some made but never sold), cover 16 months from September, 2007 through December, 2008. The 2007 pages feature special calculator themes while the 2008 pages cover each and every HP calculator series from the Classics beginning in 1972 through the current machines from the San Diego Calculator Division. They are spiral bound and printed on heavy, glossy paper on roughly A4-sized (8.25 by 11.5-inch) sheets. A limited number of additional copies are available now. If you wish to obtain a copy of this calendar, check out http://holyjoe.net/hhc2007/hhc2007%20calendar.htm on the web.
Funds will go to help finance the HHC2008 conference on September
20-21, 2008 (at a location to be determined).

Thanks,

Jake Schwartz

What Jake doesn't mention is the great resolution at which these calendars are printed. The function labels -- even the shifted ones! -- are easily readable. This is not a calendar which will be thrown away at the end of 2008, but something which will be treasured. I highly recommend obtaining one of these works of art and labors of love. You won't be disappointed.

Disclaimer: I was in no way responsible for the production of these calendars, and do not benefit from their sale (particularly since I will not be able to attend HHC2008).

Hi Guys,

My apologies for the various broken image links on the web page. They should be all fixed now. It was late last night when it was initially posted.

Jake

Obtaining that resolution was the subject of a talk given by Jake and Richard Nelson, the two perpetrators of the calculator calendar caper. Suffice to say that in the face of Murphy at his most malevolent, they pulled the high-resolution prize from the threatening jaws of defeat, or something along those lines.

Hyperbole to one side, it is a wonderful calendar, and a worthy addition to your stash of HP apocrypha.

While I'm plugging stuff from the conference, I can't overlook Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz's new edition of "A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers," which is marked "Fifth Edition, HHC 2007 Printing." It is full of stuff about machines I thought I knew. But Wlodek comes up with insight and opinion that make them seem brand new. Plus the edition is complete up to the new (so far exclusively) European version of the 17BII+ with the double wide INPUT key.

Regards,
Howard

Hi,

A total of twenty HHC2007 calendars have already been mailed. If you placed an order and have NOT YET received an email indicating that it has been mailed, yours will be from the second batch which are en route to me from Richard Nelson as we speak. Those will be mailed as soon as I receive them. We are also seriously considering doing another print run due to the strong response so far.

Thanks,

Jake Schwartz

Hello Howard,

where can I find out more about the calculator/computer guide book?

David Bailey

Quote:
Obtaining that resolution was the subject of a talk given by Jake and Richard Nelson, the two perpetrators of the calculator calendar caper. Suffice to say that in the face of Murphy at his most malevolent, they pulled the high-resolution prize from the threatening jaws of defeat, or something along those lines.

Hyperbole to one side, it is a wonderful calendar, and a worthy addition to your stash of HP apocrypha.

While I'm plugging stuff from the conference, I can't overlook Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz's new edition of "A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers," which is marked "Fifth Edition, HHC 2007 Printing." It is full of stuff about machines I thought I knew. But Wlodek comes up with insight and opinion that make them seem brand new. Plus the edition is complete up to the new (so far exclusively) European version of the 17BII+ with the double wide INPUT key.

Regards,
Howard

Just received my copy of the calendar, absolutely great!

Meindert

>featuring images of every HP calculator ever made (and some made but never sold)..

Just curious, whose collection of HP's were used in the photos? Or were the images possibly gathered from various on-line sources?

As others have said, the calendars are really awesome, so please understand I'm not complaining when I ask this, but is there a reason the HP-01 watch didn't make the cut?

To prove I'm not complaining, and realizing the level of detail you and Richard demanded in this printing, I can say with full confidence that, without a doubt, this is "categorically the most concise and complete collection of carefully critiqued and correctly cropped color copies of HP calculators on a commemorative calendar" I have ever seen! That was over the top, but both of you should know the high standards you set for this project are greatly appreciated!

Matt

Hi,

The calculator images mostly came from a CD which I received third hand about ten years ago, containing professional photos of all the machines up to that time. The remaining images were collected from various places. Now that I think about it, we probably could have placed the HP-01 on the "Sting/Roo/Titan" page, where the timeframe would have been just about right and there was probably plenty of room. In retrospect, leaving it out was a serious omission. Oh well, there is always next year. When Richard Nelson and I first discussed the possibility of doing a calendar, we realized that a new one could be done each year with a different theme, so this doesn't have to be the end of the line. Originally, we kicked around about ten different possibilities of themes for the pages. Since this was the anniversary year, Richard thought that including pictures of everything was in order.

Jake

> Hello Howard,

> where can I find out more about the calculator/computer guide book?

Hi,

You can find details regarding Wlodek's book here:
http://www.hpcalculatorguide.com/

Jake Schwartz

I just got my calendar (all the way to Australia), and it is terrific, thanks Jake + everyone involved!

I had my camera phone and couldn't resist taking a happy snap:

Dave.

Hi, Dave, you're advertising everywhere, don't you? :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP calculator calendar 2014 Keith Midson 16 4,281 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Matt Agajanian
  HHC2013 HP Calculator Conference DVDs Available Jake Schwartz 0 1,050 10-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Jake Schwartz
  [REQUEST] Your "Prime" Conference Questions Tim Wessman 9 2,746 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Giancarlo
  Rides between Denver airport and conference hotel? Brian Walsh 6 2,128 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kiyoshi Akima
  HPCC Mini Conference 2013 hugh steers 6 2,196 09-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Last Post: BruceH
  HHC2013 Conference Closing In Jake Schwartz 18 4,556 08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Last Post: David Hayden
  NCTM Conference in Denver Namir 9 2,610 04-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Last Post: cyrille de Brebisson
  Another PPC DVD Update: 30th Year of Datafile + HP Conference Index Jake Schwartz 0 952 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Jake Schwartz
  My birthday, so a little commemorative mini-challenge ! Valentin Albillo 43 8,013 03-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Walter B
  Re-visiting the Great Calendar Race at HHC 2012 Gene Wright 0 933 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Last Post: gene wright