HP 35s display misalignment?

Take a look

Tilted?
(I know the actual scan is tilted. My apologies).

(Sorry about the last scan)
This should be better

There is a very tiny tilt (as some of you have noticed). But it is not bad at all. In fact, in normal use I just don't see it unless I look for it.
I'm hoping that someone with a very noticeable tilt could post a scan of theirs. Then we could compare.

Edited: 3 Aug 2007, 2:00 p.m. after one or more responses were posted

The display shows no noticeable tilt to me.

Of course, the entire calculator appears tilted! :-)

Seriously, I'd like to see a scan/picture of a real 35s that has what its owner considers a bad tilt.

From what I can see, the top row of words in the display is clearly disappearing under the bezel as you move from left to right.

Steve, you are right, but the tilt is ever so slight, and on mine, it's ever so slightly more than that, but I think this amount of misalignment is really nothing to quibble about...

... not that I think you are quibbling here... just shooting my mouth off again...

Perhaps, but I can't imagine this is going to cause any **real** grief (just my opinion here).

It is SO slight that it wouldn't cause me a second thought.

Certainly, it isn't a 5 degree angle or anything. :-)

The display on mine was off by a full pixel and easily noticed by a coworker who also has a 35s. If the misalignment had been like this one, I would have not bothered to disassemble and realign my unit.

I only noticed the misalignment on my HP 35s because the self-test was the first thing I did on the unit after I noticed that it defaulted to RPN mode. I was staring intently at the display when it had all of the annunciators showing and spotted it. It wasn't very bad or anything I was going to contact HP about. I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Gene said:

Quote:
Perhaps, but I can't imagine this is going to cause any **real** grief (just my opinion here).

I haven't yet read what cosmetic defect caused HP to halt HP 35s shipments. If it was some sort of display misalignment, it must be much worse than what mine has. The fact is that something caused HP employees some "**real** grief" in order to make that decision. I'm sure it's not the display reflectivity (since someone has stated that this is identical to that of the HP 33s) or the serial number stickers.

The annunciators are too close to the window edge. Just compare with the hp33s here.

Probably that's the reason why HP is withdrawing the calculator. I don't know if that can be called 'misalignment', the LCD is aligned but the digits are very close to the upper window edge while there's plenty of space between them and the lower window edge.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP-32S/33S/35S emulator with Stack Overflow sensing/Stack display x34 3 1,560 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: x34
  Can the display for a HP32Sii be replaced with the display from another model? Bruce Larrabee 8 2,777 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Luiz C. Vieira (Brazil)
  HP-35S, display settings for entry line Mike (Stgt) 6 1,763 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Katie Wasserman
  16 segment Led display would mimic a HP-41 display? Giuseppe Marullo 3 1,596 11-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Last Post: db (martinez, ca.)
  HP 35S number width exceeds display Wolfgang Jacques (Germany) 12 2,890 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Brad Davis
  35s display glare - solutions thus far? Thomas Radtke 0 651 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Thomas Radtke
  HP 35s Display Realignment Stefan Vorkoetter 1 873 08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Dave
  35s high-glare display Alex 10 2,686 07-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Karl Schneider
  HP 35s display misaligned Dave 14 3,305 07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Last Post: brianh
  35s - can you display this? Gene Wright 8 2,291 07-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Katie Wasserman