Thank you HP for the 35S

Is it just me, or did anyone else basically go into a panic when HP started releasing calculators that looked like rejects from Casio ?

For me this is part of the reason why I was so upset over the problems /delays with the release of the 35S. Until I had one (make that 3) in my hands, I was very edgy.
What would happen if all HP ever came out with again were things like the 33S and the 50g ?
I was thinking “Was HP really going to make me buy one of those and expect me to like it?”
When they started making Algebraic only models, I seriously got very worried. I have used RPN for so long, that's all I know.

Up until a few days ago I was spending way too much time on Ebay watching the prices for “real” HP calculators like the 32SII skyrocket and wondering if I should sell the farm and buy as many of them as I could while they were still available. Not to put them in some sort of collection but to have them to actually use as I go through life.

I don’t consider myself a collector as I use these things everyday. Any “collector” would have a heart attack if they saw me sitting down in my chair with a 15C in my back pocket or when I bend down to reach for something and a 11C falls out sliding across the floor.

No, I consider myself an addict, not a collector.

A world void of a true user calculator… scary to even think about.

Thank you HP for the 35S….
I sleep better now.

Quote:
Is it just me, or did anyone else basically go into a panic when HP started releasing calculators that looked like rejects from Casio ?
Until then, I was quite careless about my 32SII. You know, there will always be some replacement *sigh*

Now there really is :-).

...and with lots of luck, I'll eventually get one from Samson *another sigh*

Quote:

Until then, I was quite careless about my 32SII. You know, there will always be some replacement *sigh*

Now there really is :-).

...and with lots of luck, I'll eventually get one from Samson *another sigh*

I'd still take mighty good care of that 32SII

I see this 35S as a day-to-day desktop calculator to replace maybe a 41-C.

Unlike the 32SII, it's too big for my shirt pocket.

(hmmm...maybe it would fit if I didn't use my pocket protector... j.k.)

Seriously, after thinking about this I did hop on EBay and plop down way too much money to buy a couple of 32SII's

Of course this time I was a bit more educated and made sure they were not coming from a particular company...