Good Stuff.

There is no RIP to MoHPC.

Seasons come and go, ebay problems flare and og, but we all have a gret tool: the brain. We filter through and ignore the stuff we don't like.

I am frustrated not by ebayish per se, but by the absurd ebayish.

All this ebayish *will* abate. It has come and gone in the past and will in the future.

One thing to also baer in mind is that many many many great stuff has been written here over the yeatrs, but over time, many old timers vanish. They've said all there was for them to say on the subject. And so lulls in "high quality content" are bound to ocurr.

But good questions etc will always get gret threads going eventually. I'll neve forget how, after lurking for quite some time, I finally posted some question about how to repair my 41cv, and Luiz wrote the most wonderful advice replies with photos and everything. I was thrilled--having read for quite some time, I knew his advice to others was kind and informative.

So we will eventually have some more good stuff and less bad stuff.

Quote:
I am frustrated not by ebayish per se, but by the absurd ebayish.

All this ebayish *will* abate. It has come and gone in the past and will in the future.

One thing to also bear in mind is that many many many great stuff has been written here over the years, but over time, many old timers vanish. They've said all there was for them to say on the subject. And so lulls in "high quality content" are bound to occur.

(typos corrected)

Those are good insights, Bill.

I've been a participant for almost five years now, and have noticed the departure of some contributors when I review posts from several archives ago. I believe that many (if not most) of us are in our 40's -- those who can remember and appreciate the excellent products of yesteryear, which lose recognition with each passing year.

For my own part, I've contributed original "short essays" about RPL and the HP-33S; I've investigated the bugs in the HP-33S, and illustrated the attention to detail in the HP-15C. I've prepared a MoHPC Article about SOLVE and INTEG, and have posted four versions of a practical AC power transfer program for the HP-32S/32SII/33S to the MoHPC Software Library.

Most of my posts have involved answering people's questions, as I own most of the models for which questions arise, and do have a propensity for analyzing things...

Quite frankly, though, I've already "sounded off" on most of the topics I care about enough to initiate new discussion in the Forum. I suspect that my primary future contributions of writing will involve explanatory material about the discontinued Pioneer series, which really now ought to have its own section in the MoHPC main pages.

I do have one other concept: Discussion of engineering methods utilized for the HP-15C to develop functional specifications and user documentation, and the testing. I never cease to be amazed at the quality and thoroughness of every aspect of the HP-15C. If I'm able to produce insightful research, it should result in a Datafile article. Won't be soon, though...

-- KS

Edited: 3 Jan 2007, 9:43 p.m.

Hi, Bill;

thank you for your kind words and references. I appreciate!

I am taking this vacation time (again...) to try to conclude some assemblies, being some of them a computer controlled power supply, a homebrew frequency meter/counter and a 36-channel logic analyzer (20MHz, PC-based). I guess that as soon as I get these running, I’ll have some stuff to share…

As you may have noticed, I’m operating in ‘quiet mode’ for these days, but this is due to some lack of ‘enough’ time to write useful posts.

Best regards and thanks again.

Luiz (Brazil)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good puzzle for kids to solve on 35s? snaggs 11 3,282 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: David Hayden
  A good general mathematics reference book? Chris Smith 11 3,294 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Chris Smith
  HP 35 Pretty Good Purchase Today! Norman Dziedzic 1 1,427 03-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Dan Lewis
  Good (simple?) calculation for benchmarking? Jedidiah Smith 28 7,040 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Harald
  Good news for HP-emulator fans! :-) fhub 44 10,917 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Marcus von Cube, Germany
  Good deal : HP 12c Platinum for half-price Mic 1 1,385 01-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Vincent Guilbault
  good programming software for clonix41 Gonzalo Fernandez 1 1,031 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Luiz C. Vieira (Brazil)
  Eric Smith is a very good sport Namir 3 1,342 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Eric Smith
  More Slide Rule Stuff... . .... Thomas Chrapkiewicz 1 1,080 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Kiyoshi Akima
  Good news :-) fhub 12 3,233 09-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Frank Boehm (Germany)