HP Forums
Anybody needs a 20S? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody needs a 20S? (/thread-96471.html)

Anybody needs a 20S? - Massimo Gnerucci (Italy) - 07-20-2006

Please hurry here!!!
Sorry, only for the first five customers...

Since somebody recently complained, shipping is low, I think.

Greetings,
Massimo

P.S. No, I'm not the seller! I wouldn't part from an HP for a mere $10,000.00

Edited: 20 July 2006, 12:53 p.m.

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - jbssm - 07-20-2006

I can just imagine the fees this guy is paying to eBay.

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Dia C. Tran - 07-20-2006

Just made the offer for all 5 of them for $2 each.

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Tim Wessman - 07-20-2006

Ha! I just offered $2.01 each. Take that! =)

TW

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Arnaud Amiel - 07-21-2006

Actually the 20S is a very nice calculator and I would spend quite some money to get one if I did already. But still not thousands...

Arnaud

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Dia C. Tran - 07-21-2006

Oh well he rejected my offer. Although he offer to split the difference so I could get them for around $5,000 each. What a deal?

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Namir - 07-21-2006

I am just amazed how ignorant AND arrogant these sellers are. First they do NOT do any price comparison to learn about the average sale price of an item. Then they offer their items for prices that make car prices look very reasonable. Is the eBay seller a moron who pretends to be a smart seller????!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - bill platt - 07-21-2006

I don't see what the problem is. He put that $10,000 buy now price so that nobody will do BIN--he is doing a silent auction--you give your max, and you see what happens.

That seems reasonable enought to me.

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Massimo Gnerucci (Italy) - 07-21-2006

Then why put a BIN in the first place?

Greetings,
Massimo

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Britt - 07-21-2006

Quote:

To generate lots of attention in this forum...

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Britt - 07-21-2006

Quote:
Actually the 20S is a very nice calculator and I would spend quite some money to get one if I did already. But still not thousands...

Yes, I have an old 20S that I like very much (except that it's not RPN) What I like about it are:

1. very good high contrast blue & light yellow colors for the shifted functions. The yellow is even better than the orange on the HP-32Sii

2. convenient base conversions (hex,oct,dec,bin) available as individual shifted functions directly on the keyboard (no menus).

3. very legible display and lots of other useful functions available on the keyboard instead of through menus (this is also why I prefer the HP-32Sii over the HP-42S).

Britt

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Massimo Gnerucci (Italy) - 07-21-2006

Quote:
To generate lots of attention in this forum...

Yeah sure: that's the kind of calc we are all looking for! Rare, old and cheap... :-)

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Dia C. Tran - 07-21-2006

Quote:

Greetings,
Massimo

Many Ebay buyers are bargain hunters that don't know the values of the item that they buy. They either see if anybody would place a bid on an item or base the value on the BIN price. If he asks for $10,000 and one of these buyers get it for $100 they think they got a bargain. I am ashame to say that one of my brother is like that. He would buy what I buy and if I change my mind he would change his mind as well.

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Massimo Gnerucci (Italy) - 07-22-2006

Ok...
However this seller seems to have a rather peculiar approach to setting up prices: from $53.98 to $10000.00 for the same item.

Massimo

Re: Anybody needs a 20S? - Dia C. Tran - 07-24-2006

Somebody actually made an offer that he accepted. I wonder for how much.