HP Forums
Allschwil Report 2004 - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Allschwil Report 2004 (/thread-66772.html)

Allschwil Report 2004 - Matthias - 12-11-2004

Finally Wlodek Mier-Jędrzejowicz and I finished our work. Wlodek worte a report of the last European HP meeting here in Switzerland. I made a summary of it and put it onto my website. If you want to read the full report, read it in the next DATAfile, the isses of the HPCC. If you are not a member, you can become one! Go on their website (www.hpcc.org) or use my link to them.
By the way I also added a new veryion of the module database. I fulfiled a desire of many users and added the shreadsheet´s head on every page. I also get knowledge of some modules and fixed some bugs in the database, so please download it and use this one. I will post an update of it about 4 times a year. Please keep informed.

Matthias

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Matthias - 12-11-2004

Maybe I should add my URL? Sorry:

www.hp-collection.org

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - V-PN - 12-11-2004

Maybe the next European Meeting 2005 could happen in Finland, where STaK has it's 20th anniversary?

--

[VPN]

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Thibaut.be - 12-11-2004

I saw your post and immediatly went to your site to have a look at this meeting that I could not unfortunately participate.

I read : "PXXXXX TXXXXX (France) is a second-generation HP handhelds programmer his father was an HP-71B programmer. He showed us his web page describing his very clever "Enculator" algorithm for factorising large numbers. This can be used on HP handhelds as his web site shows."

Is this a joke ???????????

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Patrice - 12-11-2004

Yes, the name is a joke as stated at the end of the page.

For those which have difficulties to display my site, just save it and remove all the "marquee" tags, and then display it.

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Jordi Hidalgo - 12-13-2004

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen wrote:

Quote:
Maybe the next European Meeting 2005 could happen in Finland, where STaK has it's 20th anniversary?

A good excuse to visit your country! Put me down as a possible attendee to Helsinki/Espoo '05.

Jordi Hidalgo

HPCC #1046

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Helsinki next? - Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz - 12-16-2004

I have seen no more replies to VPN's suggestion of a meeting in Finland in 2005, apart from Jordi Hidalgo's enthusiastic support :-) Does Matthias agree? I would be happy to go to Helsinki/Espoo!

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Helsinki next? - Matthias - 12-17-2004

I was in Helsinki 8 years ago (with my former girlfirend).
I would be happy to go to Helsinki once again but I can not tell you at the moment what my pruse says...
By the way, I wouldn´t bring along many things then, you know.

Matthias

Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! - Erik Ehrling (Sweden) - 12-17-2004

Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! Why not already in the spring?

Regards, Erik

Re: Allschwil Report 2004 - Helsinki next? - Mike (Stgt) - 12-17-2004

I'd like to join if I had the "time".

Ciao.....Mike

BTW: Someone here who uses the HP10Bii [link:http://www.hp.com/calculators/emulators]emulator offered by HP[/link:]? Did you compare with this [link:http://www.hpcc.org/calculators/10biiemu.zip]"private version"[/link:]? A programming jester intechanged the 'STAT' and 'STATS' annunciator <VBG>

Re: Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! - Wlodek Mier-Jedrzejowicz - 12-17-2004

Erik asks - why not in the Spring?
Well, to most of us on Dave's Forum, making a long trip just to meet other HP handhelds fans is too much effort/ expense/ time anyway, and for most of those those willing to make such trips, the effort/ expense/ time mean that we make only one long-distance trip a year. So, if there will be a Helsinki meeting in Spring after the Basel/ Allschwil meeting in November, then not everyone who wants would come. It also depends on when VPN can arrange it! But if there is a meeting in Helsinki in Spring 2005, and one in Allschwil in November 2005, then people in Europe could come to one or the other. Or come to HHC 2005 in Chicago in September :-)

Re: Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! - Matthias - 12-18-2004

TO be honest: I would rather come to the Chicago meeting than to the Helsinki, although Helsinki is a very nice place. I will go on holiday to Finnland with my girlfriend once.. Maybe I can visit you in Helsinki then.

Matthias

Re: Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! - V-PN - 12-18-2004

Why spring, why not in the summer vocation time in July?

STaK will have the 20th anniversary then.

Vote your date here

[VPN]

Re: Helsinki 2005 would be a great idea! - V-PN - 12-18-2004

Friday for (Super)Apex and back in Sunday, Correct?

When? 12:00-16:00 Helsinki-Cairo time

Date? Proposals here: 1st July

Place: very likely HP-Finland (including sauna)

Spending the night:

A) Partying all night

B) at my flat

C) hotel

[VPN]

Helsinki 2005 July 1st...3rd - V-PN - 12-22-2004

Helsinki 2005 July 1st...3rd
Friday for (Super)Apex and back in Sunday, Correct?
Time? Friday 12:00-16:00 Helsinki-Cairo time
Date? Proposals here: 1st July...3rd July 2005
*** asking HP Finland right now ***
Place: very likely HP-Finland (including sauna)
Spending the night:
A) Partying all night
B) at my flat
C) hotel
[VPN]

Re: Helsinki 2005 July 1st...3rd - Erik Ehrling (Sweden) - 12-24-2004

July sounds great, I would be bringing my wife and my 1 year old son, so I'm unfortunately out of the wildest party options :-)

Best regards,

Erik Ehrling (Sweden)