HP Forums
33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS (/thread-53429.html)

33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - BD FOX - 03-08-2004

i'M LOOKING FOR A CURVE SOLUTION PROGRAM . wOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO FORWARD ONE THAT WORKS OR TELL ME WHERE i MIGHT FIND ONE. MUCH THANKS

Re: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - Dave Falkenberg - 03-08-2004

Email John Butcher at CSPARKS@N2.NET He's provided me with programs for my HP 33s. He also sells them on Ebay, type in HP 33s cogo and look for him as IRONHIT.

Re: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - BD FOX - 03-09-2004

Hey, thanks for the info. Do you know if this gentleman charges for evrything or what. I'd like to get these programs but money is scarce around my house. I could spend the time and maybe hash out a program of my own, but with the test coming up soon I've got other things to worry about. Any ideas?

I was looking around and heard that the hp32 programs would work for the 33's. Anyone know anything about this and if so, where could a new guy find 32 programs. thanks for any info forwarded.

Re: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - rob - 03-09-2004

As the post mentioned above by Dave, John Butcher provides cogo programs for the HP33s which I believe run on the HP32S as well. Without any prior programming experience, and the deadline of the exam approaching, $33 seemed well worth it.

Re: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - Norris - 03-09-2004

All 32S/32SII programs and equations should run on the 33S. However, the reverse is not necessarily true, for two reasons.

First, the 33S has a few new functions that are lacking in the 32S/32SII (like SGN, INTG, IDIV, RMDR, CB, CBRT). Any 33S programs or equations that used these functions would not be 32-compatible without modification.

Second, the 33S has a much larger memory than the 33S. So a large 33S program simply may not fit in a 32 series machine.

In this case, the 33S survey software advertised on eBay is "about 3K" in size. That greatly exceeds the 0.38K memory of the 32S/32SII. So even if each individual routine was 32-compatible, it would be impossible to actually load them all.

Re: 33 CURVE SOL. PROGRAMS - Norris - 03-09-2004

It's true that 32S or 32SII programs should run on a 33S. Unfortunately, the memory of the 32 series was very small, and so it was not an ideal platform for programming. I haven't seen any surveying software for it, although you could doubtless enter a few equations before running out of memory.

If you want surveying software for a 33S, then probably your only options are:

1. Write your own programs/equatios, or
2. Take the test without using programs/equations, or
3. Spend $33 for software on eBay

I'm impressed that option 3 is available, given that the 33S has not even been officially introduced yet

Hey folks I might be new to this, but so far my own creation is doing fine. Curve progams with 2 inputs gives me everything else.The limited label, I've bipassed by using only one. If you write your program in the order you want your returns(W/ known D&R) use the equations. If you don't know D or R and you add an eq. for defining them to the end of program you get 2 promt then 0's for answers then promts for v's that you know. This can give you D & R which you plug back in. Lots of button pushing with an end result faster then long hand.