HP Forums
Question for HP-48GX Experts - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Question for HP-48GX Experts (/thread-40665.html)

Question for HP-48GX Experts - john smith - 08-17-2003

Do any of you know GRiD 1 MB RAM CARD is for? Perhaps would be kind enough to explain the functionality of that card. Thanks,

John

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts - Raymond Del Tondo - 08-17-2003

Hi,

as you wrote, it's a RAM card.
It can be used in slot 2 of the GX, and offers eight additional ports of 128K RAM each.

Regards,

Raymond

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts - john smith - 08-17-2003

Raymond,

Thank you for your reply. What I meant to ask is that is this GRiD brand 1 MB ram card similar to HP 1 MB ram card? In other words, will it increase HP-48GX's ram additional 1 Meg as HP, TDS, and RAMSS 1MB ram cards do? Thanks.

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts - Erik Ehrling (Sweden) - 08-18-2003

I have a 1MB GRID RAM card and it works in every respect as any other 1MB HP48GX RAM card.

Regards,
Erik Ehrling (Sweden)

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts - john smith - 08-18-2003

Erik,

Thanks for the info. I was looking for someone just like you who has the working knowledge with this GRiD brand card. Can you share some knowledge with me? Does it require battery or batteries? How often do you need to change them? What kind of battery (brand and number) do you use? Can you also perhaps provide me some instructions on how to reset the calculator after inserting the card etc. Perhaps you can refer me to card manual in the Web site so that I can download? Any further help would be highly appreciated. I'm asking a lot of questions because all I have is the card. No batteries and no manual. Thanks.

John

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts (Erik) - john smith - 08-19-2003

Erik,

Thanks for the info. I was looking for someone just like you who has the working knowledge with this GRiD brand card. Can you share some knowledge with me? Does it require battery or batteries? How often do you need to change them? What kind of battery (brand and number) do you use? Can you also perhaps provide me some instructions on how to reset the calculator after inserting the card etc. Perhaps you can refer me to card manual in the Web site so that I can download? Any further help would be highly appreciated. I'm asking a lot of questions because all I have is the card. No batteries and no manual. Thanks.

John

Re: Question for HP-48GX Experts (Erik) - Ben Moss - 08-19-2003

Hi John,

It takes a CR2016 3 volt watch battery. The instructions say to change it every year and I've always done that without problems. You change the battery while the card is in the calc (With the calc turned on) so that you don't lose the data.

After you insert the card into slot 2, turn the calculator on. It will say "Invalid Card Data". Type 'PINIT' and all is good.

I've read that you should not let the calculator's AAA batteries drop too low while using a GRiD card. I'm not sure why, but you might want to search comp.sys.hp48 usenet archives about it.

Hope that helps,
Ben