HP Forums
Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. (/thread-257752.html)

Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Harold A Climer - 12-05-2013

I upgraded one of my Primes with no problem. While upgrading the other one I noticed a lightening bolt inside the battery icon when I plugged the second prime into my computer. When I unplugged the USB cable the lightening bolt DISAPPEARED AND THE BATTERY ICON SHOWED A 100% CHARGE. This did not happen while upgrading the first one.
Any idea as to what is going on and is it a problem?

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Chris Pem10 - 12-05-2013

My battery meter says 100%. I haven't had it on the charging cable for two days... I doubt it is fully charged. I wonder how accrate the meter is? I fully expect to turn it on soon and see 75%. I asked the question a few days ago if there was a function that returns the battery state; but I haven't gotten a response.

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Paul Berger (Canada) - 12-05-2013

I believe the lightening bolt is just a charge indicator. I noticed that too when I upgraded mine and just now I plugged the USB cable in again and it came on for a while and then went away. I have seen lightening bolts used as charge indicators on other electronic devices as well.

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Michael de Estrada - 12-05-2013

The "lightning bolt" just means it's charging. Once it is charged, it will go out or if you unplug it, regardless, since it won't be charging.

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Tim Wessman - 12-05-2013

There is no function to return the status. Wouldn't be too incredibly useful due to the non-granularity either I don't think.

It only has basically 4 states. 100, 75,50, 25, off. The warnings to work well though in terms of letting you know when it is getting low and critical though.

TW

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Erwin Ried - 12-06-2013

Quote:
It only has basically 4 states. 100, 75,50, 25, off.

Since the info is in there, why don't use every pixel row as granularity? 100%, 90%... is not like the device is oriented to elderly people that can't perceive the differences in the icon...

BTW I almost finish all the other consumption tests, and as far I can see the hardware handles very nice the power (specially on idle, 0.06 mA in average with eventual 68 mA spikes every x minutes)

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Massimo Gnerucci (Italy) - 12-06-2013

Quote:
is not like the device is oriented to elderly people that can't perceive the differences in the icon

Hey youngster! Be careful... ;-)

Re: Strange Battery Icon during updaate of Prime Firmware. - Tim Wessman - 12-06-2013

Looking forward to seeing your data!

The problem is that the info is *not* there. Basically, you get a 4,3,2,1 and that is it.

TW