HP Forums
HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn (/thread-205208.html)

HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Gene Wright - 11-19-2011

HP 15c Adv Function Handbook

Thanks Joe!

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Nick_S - 11-19-2011

Very nice, and timely, as I just worked through the HP15c LE manual.

Nick

Edited: 19 Nov 2011, 11:03 a.m.

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - uhmgawa - 11-19-2011

Quote:
HP 15c Adv Function Handbook

Looks pretty good, at least the resolution of the museum CD
version if not better. It may well replace that version
after cropping out the edge shadows and coil binding holes.

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Valentin Albillo - 11-19-2011

Thanks for the link, Gene, it's a very nice scan and much appreciated.

Actually, I really love those old HP manuals and Owner's Handbooks of the golden age, and this particular one is really among the very best and most interesting of them all and really lives up to its title, being full to the brim with quality advanced info and examples.

However, all isn't perfect and there's the odd suboptimal programming in there as well, which is particularly rare in such a state-of-the-art handbook. One such instance is the routine found in page 119 for "Constructing an Identity Matrix", which ineffciently needs 12 steps and 3 registers to do the task and it's quite slow to boot.

Actually, I asked for such a routine in one of my very first HP-15C mini-challenges posted to this forum many years ago, with my own solution being:

LBL A
CLX
STO MATRIX A
MATRIX 1
X<> 0
LBL 0
STO+ 0
"u" STO A
GTO 0
RTN
which is just 10 steps long (including LBL and RTN), and only takes a maximum of 3 seconds for a 7x7 matrix, which is the largest possible size the HP-15C's memory allows. You can substitute MATRIX A and STO A for whatever desired matrix, A to E.

Best regards from V.

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Bill (Smithville, NJ) - 11-19-2011

Gene,

I've taken the file and Cropped it so the sprial holes are gone and the bottom no longer has the artifact. Prints really nice.

I've also added Bookmarks to the file that match the Table of Contents.

I don't have any way to host the file. I could email it to you and maybe your could post it for those that want it.

Bill

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Eric Rechlin - 11-19-2011

You could share it with DropBox, which gives you 2GB for free. If you want to set up an account, you can use my referral link which gives us each another 250MB for free.

Eric

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Bill (Smithville, NJ) - 11-23-2011

Hi Eric,

Just signed up. You should have more space & I ended up with 250MB more space also.

Following is link to HP-15C Adv Functions with cropped edges and full bookmarks.

HP-15C Adv Functions Book

Bill

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Eric Rechlin - 11-23-2011

Thanks for the referral, and thanks for uploading that. That will make it a lot more pleasing to read on the computer.

If there's any interest, I could probably produce printed and spiral-bound copies for $10 or so plus shipping.

Eric

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Peter Murphy (Livermore) - 11-24-2011

Eric,

You've got my interest at roughly that price. If you're starting a list, put my name on it, and thanks for the generous offer.

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - hpnut - 11-24-2011

Hi Eric,

I am interested to get a hardcopy too.

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Walter B - 11-24-2011

+ 1 if you tell me what "plus shipping" means in figures :-)

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Gerson W. Barbosa - 11-24-2011

I'd be interested in one hardcopy when the wp34s definitive overlay is available (to save on shipping).

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Walter B - 11-24-2011

Olá Gerson, we've just changed it again :-)

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Didier Lachieze - 11-24-2011

Quote:
I'd be interested in one hardcopy when the wp34s definitive overlay is available (to save on shipping).

+1

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Kerem Kapkin (Silicon Valley, CA) - 11-24-2011

Eric,

Quote:
If there's any interest, I could probably produce printed and spiral-bound copies for $10 or so plus shipping.

+1 Thanks, Kerem

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Namir - 11-24-2011

+1 here too!

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Joel Setton (France) - 11-24-2011

Another +1 here!
Joel Setton

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Alexander Oestert - 11-24-2011

Walter,

www.internetdrucker.de

might be a lot cheaper for us here in Germany.

Alexander,

ich nehme an, deine Nachricht bezieht sich auf das AFH. Wenn wir über Schwarzweißdruck reden, hast du wahrscheinlich recht. Farbig stellt sich die Sache anders dar. Allerdings zeigt das AFH nur sehr wenige Stellen, an denen die Farbe für den Informationstransport wichtig ist - schöner sieht es trotzdem aus.

Gruß,

Walter

Re: HP 15c searchable Adv Fun Handbook (link) - done by Joe Horn - Alexander Oestert - 11-25-2011

Will Eric's prints be in color? And don't forget postage and custom fees that will apply as soon as the sum reaches 22€.
I haven't checked but maybe it is an option to have only the relevant pages printed in color and the rest in b/w.

Edited: 25 Nov 2011, 2:10 a.m.