HP Forums
Latest HP Solve issue posted - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Latest HP Solve issue posted (/thread-188268.html)

Latest HP Solve issue posted - Gene Wright - 07-19-2011

HP Solve new issue

Enjoy.

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Walter B - 07-19-2011

I'd like to enjoy, but this link doesn't work here (nor does Richard Nelson's he mailed). Response is "Bad Request". Please check. TIA

Walter

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Geoff Quickfall - 07-19-2011

Works for me, of course it may have been fixed in the meantime.

Oh what to do. Work on the book, read HPSolve, play with the 34S, the 41CL or go to work and talk to Wlodek tomorrow in person.

HMMMMM

Off to London tonight! ;-)

bye

Geoff

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Jake Schwartz - 07-19-2011

How about this URL:

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/downloads/U__HP_01_Newsletters_HP_Calculator_eNL_07_July_201.pdf

Jake

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Walter B - 07-19-2011

Thanks. Works with MS IE. Looks like a problem between Firefox and HP :-/

Edit: Thanks a lot for your article about our baby! I'm sure Pauli and Marcus will appreciate it as well. Though it didn't look so recently, we are still confident to get the WP 34S walking within the next weeks (please watch the plural!). If we had confined the function set, walking might have been observed earlier, but nobody can prove this ;-) Anyway, thank you again :-)

Walter

Edited: 19 July 2011, 3:30 p.m.

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Marcus von Cube, Germany - 07-19-2011

Quote:
or ... talk to Wlodek tomorrow in person

No question!

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Paul Dale - 07-19-2011

Two small factual errors in the 34S article.

There are 112 registers -- X, Y, Z, T, L, I, A, B, C, D, J, K plus the numbered ones.

There are 104 flags -- A, B, C, D in addition to the numbered ones. Of these A is linked to an annunicator and D allows dangerous returns but B and C are altered by operations in integer mode but are freely usable in real mode.

A lessor point, I started coding the design before approaching Walter for assistance with the layout. The article implies (to me at least) that the reverse occurred. I won't deny that the outward appearance is now mostly Walter's doing.

- Pauli

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Tommy - 07-20-2011

Page 35:
"This should make HHC 2011 an
especially exciting conference with so many new machines (5?) to talk about." Interesting...

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Jake Schwartz - 07-20-2011

Quote:
Two small factual errors in the 34S article

More is definitely better....
I simply miscounted in the registers and flags...my bad.
Hopefully, the overall effect of publicizing the project will still be a positive thing, despite these two numbers being slightly off.

Jake

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Garth Wilson - 07-20-2011

The article on HP manuals was of particular interest to me, since part of my work is writing installation and user manuals for our products, and I consider the manuals that came with my 41cx and 71 and their modules to be my models.

Fastest Math in the West! - Seth Morabito - 07-20-2011

Wow, I need a copy of that "Fastest Math In the West" tiger poster shown in tiny black and white on Page 40.

Has anyone ever seen one of these floating around? Or a good picture of one? :)

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Walter B - 07-20-2011

Quote:
A lessor point, I started coding the design before approaching Walter for assistance with the layout.

You are right :-) The story is even older: we both contributed to the doomed OpenRPN project some years earlier. And my records show I started playing with layouts in 2005 - pure vapourware at that time.

Walter

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Paul Dale - 07-20-2011

I guess something was fated to happen :-)

- Pauli

Re: Latest HP Solve issue posted - Ángel Martin - 07-21-2011

Quote:
Hopefully, the overall effect of publicizing the project will still be a positive thing,

That's a sure thinkg Jake, a great article that does justice to the great work put into the 34S.

BTW I was hoping to find a similar coverage on the CL, but I guess will have to wait for another issue.

Best wishes,
'AM.