HP Forums
New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale (/thread-164647.html)

New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - aj04062 - 03-17-2010

I am in the process of making new plastic latches for a classic series calculator.

These will be made via a rapid prototyping machine and made in a structural plastic. Drawback is the natural color is white. It can be painted to match various models.

I am posting this to gage interest in the forum as I am willing to make up more than the two I need. Price is TBD at this point as I have not finished them to determine total costs. I think they could be in the 30-40 range for a pair. Are people willing to pay this for new latches?

I can make 2 versions - 1 with cutout for rubber feet. Another made from solid plastic if your feet are missing.

I am also seeking to gage interest in the production of other like parts for other models. Drop me an email if you are interested.

Peace,
Adam

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - John Robinson - 03-18-2010

Yes please Adam, I'd been keen for 8 - 10 assuming price will be a few $$$ each.

Cheers,
John

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - aj04062 - 03-18-2010

is what I quoted "a few"? I am not looking to get rich here, but some of the processes that I am experimenting with are expensive, others are not quite so. One that could give me a black part without painting is much more expensive than the white version I would need to paint.

would you want to pay less for unpainted versions and you finish?

here is a link

Latch Picture

Edited: 18 Mar 2010, 9:44 p.m.

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Paul Dale - 03-18-2010

I'd be interested but not at those price points.

I've only got one classic and it is missing one of these feet/latches.

- Pauli

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - aj04062 - 03-18-2010

Thanks, keep the requests coming. The more I see, the better chance I have at getting the prices manageable. I'd like to be in the 10-20 RANGE per. Does that sound attractive?

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Geoff Quickfall - 03-19-2010

I would order about 5 pairs, more if the cost could come down! I would finish in the correct colour. Also they would be the ones without the rubber cutout as I would insert new rubber myself.

Cheers, Geoff

Edited: 19 Mar 2010, 2:20 p.m.

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - james summers - 03-20-2010

I'ld like 3 pairs if the price was in the 10-20 range, preferably with the cutout for rubber feet, white OK.

Best wishes

James

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Alberto Fenini - 03-20-2010

If the price goes down, I would order few pairs myself, but, how can these pe painted and how can the rubber feet replaced ? take care Alberto

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Tim - 03-20-2010

I would purchase a few myself. I would need to paint them black.

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - Gerardo Rincon - 03-20-2010

The hp third generation Hp 31E to hp 38E were notorious for losing the battery covers. Myself I have 34E without battery cover. I have been looking for one to show up in ebay for a long time but no luck..

Re: New Classic Battery Cover Latches For Sale - aj04062 - 03-25-2010

Ok here's the deal.

I got these working tonight. I'd like to offer them for $15 a pair without paint + shipping. My first batch required a little sizing with an exacto knife and a nail file. I will tweak the CAD model so this is minimized in future builds. However, I beleive it is better to have too much material than too little so I will leave some material to be filed.

If you want a pair please send $16.50 to my Paypal account: adamjjones@adelphia.net

OR

See my posting on eBay. You can go there to see a picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130377815175

I am open to making other plastic items for restorations, but I need good samples to copy.