HP Forums
35s Availability? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum)
+-- Forum: HP Museum Forums (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Old HP Forum Archives (https://archived.hpcalc.org/museumforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: 35s Availability? (/thread-122027.html)

35s Availability? - Ken Cambier - 08-19-2007

Am I just being neurotic or is the 35s harder to find? I got mine about 2 months ago from buy.com for $51.95 and free shipping. When I went back they don't even list a 35s anymore. I checked at HP and they were on back order. There are not even any on eBay or at Amazon. You would think that just before the start of school in September they would be bunches of them on the market. Anyone else notice this or are the 60's finally catching up with me?

Re: 35s Availability? - DaveJ - 08-19-2007

Quote:
Am I just being neurotic or is the 35s harder to find? I got mine about 2 months ago from buy.com for $51.95 and free shipping. When I went back they don't even list a 35s anymore. I checked at HP and they were on back order. There are not even any on eBay or at Amazon. You would think that just before the start of school in September they would be bunches of them on the market. Anyone else notice this or are the 60's finally catching up with me?

You must have missed the big news that the 35s was recalled due to "cosmetic" problems.
Heaps of info and speculation in the archives about it.

Dave.

Re: 35s Availability? - Ken Cambier - 08-19-2007

Doh!
Thanks! I upped the dosage on my Homer pills and stuff just goes right by me. :)

Re: 35s Availability? - Egan Ford - 08-19-2007

You can get them from HP and Walmart online. I have been unable to find a 35s for less than $59.98 US.

Re: 35s Availability? - Vincze - 08-19-2007

I sell one less than that if you want. It is one I throw across room and broke when I get frustrated with SIN equation. For all I know, it may be first HP 35s ever broken. ;)

Re: 35s Availability? - Gene Wright - 08-19-2007

Not to mention that it has been available exactly 1 month and 1 day now (as of 8/19/07).

Two months? :-)

Re: 35s Availability? - Ken Cambier - 08-19-2007

Now I know I am losing it. I searched around for some info but all I got was empty links. Like all the posts about the recall got recalled. If you got a second come back with a few good links on this recall. Thanks!

Re: 35s Availability? - Matt Kernal - 08-19-2007

A few minutes ago, I noticed that Costco is finally selling HP calculators again. The 50G, 35S, and 17BII+ are selling for $119.99, $54.99, and $84.99 respectively (including shipping!). That's $11 cheaper than what I paid Walmart for my 35S.

Here is the link to Costco's calculator selections.

Matt

Re: 35s Availability? - James M. Prange (Michigan) - 08-19-2007

"Available now" from http://commerce.hpcalc.org/ for $58 plus shipping, plus 6% sales tax in the case of North Dakota deliveries.

I don't know whether these units have the "cosmetic" problem, whatever that may turn out to be.

Regards,
James

Re: 35s Availability? - Ken Cambier - 08-20-2007

Wow! I must have gotten real lucky. My delivery receipt for Buy.com is dated 7/22/07 (7/23 was the ship date). I just assumed that it had been available for some time prior to that. :)

Re: 35s Availability? - Paul Brogger - 08-20-2007

I was surprised to see the 12C Platinum on the local Costco floor -- ~$70.00, IIRC. (Right next to the TI-84+SE and a similar Casio that includes three different pastel-colored cover plates!)

35s Cosmetic Issue - Matt Kernal - 08-20-2007

Quote:
I don't know whether these units have the "cosmetic" problem, whatever that may turn out to be.

Because the halt in 35S sales was so short in duration (less than two weeks), I'm thinking the only thing that could've occurred was for HP to issue instructions to their re-sellers to "inspect and remove" any 35S's in their inventory that had the mislabeled "->l" printing (to make sure all remaining stock had the correctly labeled "->gal" conversion markings).

Gene showed an example of this in a photo he posted a little while back. Who else has one of these unique models?

Certainly, there couldn't have been enough time to do any other sort of mass cosmetic modifications.

Just some random synapses firing,

Matt

Re: 35s Cosmetic Issue - Gene Wright - 08-20-2007

No production units had that little fun tidbit.